Frankfurt Hahn Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Frankfurt Hahn Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
It was far from comfortable. There were flies everywhere - both inside and outside the fastfood places. They were even all over my face all the time and this was the main reason to find sleeping here difficult. - tony_vm
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down of what travellers have reported to us during their time at Frankfurt Hahn Airport.
What to Expect
- There is one small passenger terminal with pretty basic amenities.
- Situated equidistant between the cities of Frankfurt and Luxembourg, it serves primarily low-cost carriers flying to European destinations, so don’t expect much from an overnight here.
- Airport staff is friendly, helpful, and generally fine with overnight travellers.
- Dining options are limited and expensive.
- The Landside McDonald’s sounds like it is open 24-hours, and with better WiFi than the airport’s public network.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- Seating is limited, and most of it is basic metal benches. Grab a comfortable bench if it’s open.
- Airside closes overnight, so more travellers will be Landside until security opens in the morning.
- ravellers report loud overnight cleaning services, so bring ear plugs or noise cancelling headphones.
- For uninterrupted sleep, a few hotels are located opposite the terminal and others can be found nearby. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below for more info.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Frankfurt Hahn Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
As of this update we were unable to confirm whether the airport has any first class or business lounges. If you know, please email us at email@example.com.
Free WiFi is available at Frankfurt Hahn Airport for one hour. Connect to the Telekom hotspots.
If sleeping in Frankfurt Hahn Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- B&B Hotel Frankfurt Hahn - (3 minutes from the airport) Located opposite the airport terminal. Day rooms are offered.
- Airport-Hotel Fortuna - (2 minutes from the airport) Located opposite the airport terminal. Free 24-hour airport shuttle is available upon request. Call 49 (0) 65 43 50 56 50 0 after you have collected your luggage.
- Gasthaus am Flughafen - (2 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Frankfurt Hahn Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Location: Area A
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Currency Exchange - Location: Area A
- Duty Free & Shopping - Heinemann Duty Free is available airside in Areas A and B. A limited variety of retail shops, including two newsstands, are available in Areas A, B and Passage.
- Early Luggage Drop - If you have checked in online and your flight leaves the following day before 10:00AM you can check your bags between 5:00PM and 7:00PM the night before. € 3,00 will be charged per piece of luggage.
- Fast Lane Ticket - Speed through the security line with a Fast Lane Ticket, sold at the Terminal Information desk in Hall B. Cost: €5
- Food & Drinks - Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. McDonald’s in Area A is the only 24-hour option.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Coin-operated lockers (bring small change, the machines do not provide change) are available at the following rates: €3,00 for a small locker, €4,00 for a medium locker and €5,00 for a large locker. All rates are per 24-hour period, and maximum storage is 28 days. Location: Parking Area P1, in front of the passenger terminal.
- Observation Deck - Watch planes come and go with a great view of the apron from the Visitor Terrace. Hours: 8:30AM - 10:00PM.
- Room of Silence - Collect your thoughts and find a moment of peace in the non-religious Room of Silence. Location: Upper Floor Hours: Open 24 hours
- Service Center - Airport information, lost and found, copy and fax services, and storage for small items that cannot be taken on flight (keys, pocket knives, etc.) are handled at the Service Center.
- Showers - not available
The airport is open 24 hours.
Alamo • Avis • Buchbinder • Europcar • Hertz • Sixt and Thrifty have car rental desks at Frankfurt Hahn Airport. The car rental building is located across from the main building.
Bus service to and from Frankfurt Hahn is available. For schedules, routes and fares visit the Frankfurt Hahn Airport web site.
The taxi stands are in located in front of the terminal.
Coaches and Shuttles
Bohr Omnibus, Scherer-Reisen, Airport-Shuttle, Taxi am Hahn provide shuttle services.
Last Updated: 20 February 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.