Haugesund Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Haugesund Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
Haugesund town itself is unremarkable - their tourist web staff sent me an email with their link saying "see if you can find anything to do" - they weren't kidding! -Shan
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Haugesund Airport.
What to Expect
- A small single-terminal international airport with separate departures halls for domestic and international flights, and basic amenities. There’s not much to do at this airport, or even in town!
- Weather in western Norway can be unpredictable and rapidly changing, which may affect flights.
- Free WiFi is is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have attempted to sleep in this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Haugesund Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
There are no pay-per-use lounges in the airport.
Free WiFi is available at Haugesun Airport for two hours. Connect to the “AIRPORT” network. You can re-connect for free right after your session expires or you can purchase faster service.
If sleeping in Haugesund Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Park Inn - (5 min from the airport) Airport shuttle available.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Haugesund Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - There are three ATMs in the airport. One is located just inside of the main entrance, over by Check-In, and the other two are located airside by Upper Crust cafe.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Duty Free & Shopping - There is a Duty Free store available as well as a Point Kiosk selling convenience items.
- Food & Drinks - The airport’s only dining option is Upper Crust cafe, located airside.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Information not available
- Showers - not available
The airport is open 5:00AM -1:00AM (Weekdays and Sun) • 5:00AM - 10:00PM (Sat)
Airport Express Coach (operated by Flybussen) and Kystbussen offer frequent service between the airport and Haugesund city center, coordinated with Ryanair flight arrival and departure times. For route maps, schedules and fares, visit Flybussen or Kystbussen websites.
Onsite car rental agencies include Avis, Europcar, Hertz and Sixt.
Taxis are available at the ground transportation area of the airport, during airport hours of operation. All taxis are metered, and reservations are not required. At the time of this update, estimated one way fare between the airport and Haugesund city center is NOK 350 - 450, and total trip time is about 15 - 20 minutes.
Last Updated: 15 January 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.