Ibiza Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Ibiza Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
Everyone working there speaks English but pretend that they don't just for a laugh.
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Ibiza Airport.
What to Expect
- A modern single-terminal international airport, served mainly by seasonal flights. A wide variety of shops and restaurants is available, including some 24 hour options!
- Free WiFi is is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- Although no specific sleeping spot was mentioned, reviewers describe their overnight experience as restful and pleasant. There are plenty of armrest-free seats and little or no noise, music or overhead announcements during the night.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s comfortable (and unusual!) VIP lounge. See our Airport Lounges section for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Ibiza Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- Cap des Falco - Location: Airside, 1st Floor. Hours: 6:00AM - 12:30AM (April to October) - and 6:15AM - 10:45PM (November to March). Lounge Access: Pay at the door (28,70€) • Book Online (£30 - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required)
Free unlimited WiFi is available at Ibiza Airport. Connect to the "kubiwireless" network. (SSID: Airport_Free_Wifi_AENA). There are also 8 internet access points within the terminal.
If sleeping in Ibiza Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Cosmos Grand Hostal - (5 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Casa Munich - (5 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Grand Palladium Palace Ibiza Resort - (5 minutes from the airport) Airport transfers available (must be pre-booked)
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Ibiza Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Yes, there are two ATMs located in the Arrivals Hall.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Currency Exchange - Exact Change has a currency exchange counter located on Floor 0, Arrivals Hall. Hours:7:00AM - 10:00PM.
- Duty Free - Duty-free shopping is available airside in Departures, on the 1st floor. Ibiza Duty Free is open from 6:00AM - 3:00AM during high season, and closed for the rest of the year, but The Express Shop is open from 7:00AM - 10:30PM during high season, and open according to flight schedules during the rest of the year. A variety of retail shops are also available, but many are closed during low season.
- Food & Drinks - Food concessions in the airport operate with varying schedules. Medas Beer and Henry J. Bean’s are open 24-hour during high season, and closed the rest of the year. You can find both airside in Departures on the 1st floor.
- Information Desk - Location: Check-In, ground floor (floor 0).
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - not available
- Pharmacy - Prescription meds and health and beauty aids are available at Farmacia. Location: Departures, landside, 1st Floor. Hours: 7:00AM - 10:00PM.
- Showers - not available
The airport is open 24 hours during the high season. During the winter months, the hours are 6:00AM - 12:00AM according to a reader who submitted a review in January 2017.
Route 10 (Ibiza-San Jorge-Airport) offers service from the airport to Ibiza Bus Station, Formentera ferry port, Ibiza Port and San Jorge. Buses depart every 20 - 30 minutes, and as frequently as every 15 minutes during the high season months of July and August. Hours of operation are from 6:00AM - 1:00AM from April to October, and from 7:00AM - 11:30PM from November to April 1st. Bus fare is €3.50.
Route 9 (San Antonio-San José-Airport) offers seasonal service between the airport, San Jose and San Antonio from June 1st to October 12th. Buses depart hourly between 7:00AM - 1:00AM, with service extended until 2:00AM during the high season months of July and August. Bus fare is €4.
Route 24 (Cala Nova-Es Canar-Santa Eulària-Airport) offers seasonal service between the airport, Santa Eulària and Cala Nova. Buses depart hourly from 7:00AM -11:00PM during the peak tourist season of June 1st to September 30th. Bus fare is €4.
For route maps, schedules and additional fare information for Ibiza public buses, visit the Ibiza Bus website.
The following car rental agencies are located in the Arrivals area of the airport: Avis, Enterprise, Europcar and Hertz.
Taxis are available on a 24-hour basis at the taxi stand located outside of the passenger terminal. All taxis are metered, and reservations are not required. A slightly higher rate applies for service from 9:00PM - 7:00AM, weekends and public holidays. For safety reasons, only hire a taxi from the airport taxi stand, and do not accept unsolicited rides from someone posed as a driver.
Last Updated: 20 February 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.