Khrabrovo Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Khrabrovo Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
The night there are 5 cops, closing the airport between 1am-5am. they kick passengers out or ask for money. they confiscated my passport if I don't give money. -Samuel
photo credit: SleepingInAirports visitor
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Khrabrovo Airport.
What to Expect
- A modern single-terminal airport, served by domestic flights and a limited number of international flights.
- The airport also serves as a Russian military base.
- Shopping and dining options are very limited.
Where to Sleep
- Overnight stays are not permitted at this airport.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s first class lounge. See our Airport Lounges section for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Khrabrovo Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Kaliningrad airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- International Lounge - Location: International Terminal, Airside, 2nd Floor, Sector C. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Book Online (£25.00 - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required)
WiFi is available at Kaliningrad Airport inside the lounge. [ see Airport Lounges above ] At the time of this update, we did not have any information about WiFi availability elsewhere in the terminal.
If sleeping in Khrabrovo Airport does not appeal to you, the Castle Hotel Nesselbeck is the nearest hotel. More hotels can be found in Kaliningrad Oblast (20 min south of the airport) or Zelenogradsk (20 min north of the airport).
- Castle Hotel Nesselbeck - (15 minutes from the airport) This unique medieval-themed castle hotel has a restaurant, brewery and museum. This is the closest lodging to the airport. Free airport pick-up and return trip to the airport costs 300 RUB.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Kaliningrad Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- Baby Care Facilities - Care for your child with many of the comforts of home in the Mother and Child Room. This room is accessible to female travelers with children aged 7 and under, pregnant women (5 months pregnant and beyond), and mobility-impaired children who are aged 14 and under. Entry is free, but a passport, flight ticket, and medical clearance certificate (granted by the First Aid clinic) is required for access to the facility. Location: 1st Floor. Hours: Open 24 hours.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Food & Drinks - Jet Lounge. Location: First Level. Hours: unknown
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Yes. Rates: 230rub - 290rub (12 hours) • 345rub – 460rub (1 day) • 1785 rub - 2530 (1 week) • 5980 - 8395 (1 month).
- Luggage Wrapping - Available for 500 RUB per bag. Location: Check-in area, landside, 1st Floor.
- Medical Services - Urgent and emergency medical care is available at the airport’s medical aid station. Location: 1st Floor.
- Pharmacy - Yes
- Showers - not available
At the time of this update, the airport is open from 4:30AM - 11:30PM while the airport is undergoing reconstruction.
Bus 244E runs between the airport and Kaliningrad Bus Station “South”, with departures every 40 minutes between 7:00AM - 10:00PM
The following car rental agencies are available onsite: Auto Rental, Avis Russia, City-Rent, Hertz and Rentmotors
For safety reasons, only use the services of a licensed, metered taxi, available at the taxi stand on the first floor of the airport terminal. Fixed rates are also available.
Last Updated: 12 February 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.