Lajes Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Lajes Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down of what to expect during your time at Lajes Airport.
What to Expect
- This airport is home to commercial flights, as well as Air Force presence from Portugal and the United States. The public terminal is small, with flights connected North America, the Azores, and mainland Europe.
- WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have used this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class travellers can pay to access one airport lounge. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Lajes Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
- Sata Plus Lounge - Location: Aerogare Civil Terminal, Airside. Hours: 7:00AM - 9:00PM (Daily - summer) • 7:00AM - 7:00PM (Mon - Thurs & Sat - winter) • 7:00AM - 8:30PM (Fri & Sun - winter).
Unlimited Free WiFi is available at Lajes Airport. Connect to the ""Aerogare.Azores.Gov"" network.
If sleeping in Lajes airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Hotel Branco - (5 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Espirito Santo Hotel - (5 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Hotel Praia Marina - (5 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Hotel Varandas do Atlantico - (5 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Lajes Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - ATMs are accessible from 7:00AM - 9:00PM on levels 1 and 3.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Food & Drinks - The airport has three small cafes. Locations: Check-in, landside, 3rd floor • Departures, landside, 2nd floor • Departures, airside, 2nd floor.
- Information Desk - A SATA information desk is located landside in the Check-In area (level 3). An Azores tourist information desk is located landside in the Arrivals area (level 1).
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Available. Location and rates are unknown. (Thanks @chris_conover for the info!)
- Postal Service - CTT. Location: landside, 2nd floor. Hours: 9:00AM - 12:30PM and 2:00PM - 5:30PM (Mon-Fri). Closed on weekends.
The airport is open 24 hours.
The following car rental agencies are available onsite: Angrauto • Autatlantis • Auto Ramalhense • Ilha 3 Rent-A-Car • Ilha 9 Rent-A-Car • Ilha Verde Rent-A-Car • Rent Angra • 296 Rent-A-Car.
Metered taxis are readily available for hire in the ground transportation area of the airport.
Last Updated: 12 February 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.