Memmingen Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Memmingen Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down of what to expect during your time at Memmingen Airport.
What to Expect
- The small single terminal connects to several European destinations; many flights are operated seasonally.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have used this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- There are currently no airport lounges that economy class travellers can pay to use.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Memmingen Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
At the time of this update, there are no airport lounges that economy class travellers can pay to use.
Free unlimited WiFi is available at Allgau Memmingen Airport. Connect to the “Free smart - DSL WIFI”.
If sleeping in Memmingen Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Airport Hotel Berger’s Park - (8 min walk from the airport) No airport shuttle.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Memmingen Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Duty-Free Shopping - Travel Value & Duty-Free is located airside, right after clearing security
- Food & Drinks - At the time of this update, there were no 24 hour food concessions available at the airport. During flight operation hours, you will find: Coffee Fellows Cafe and Ragazzi Italian Cafe (One location in the public area (landside) ground floor, and second location on the 1st floor (airside); Beer Garden (located outside, adjacent to the terminal); Berger’s Restaurant im Park (2 min drive or 10 min walk from the terminal)
- Information Desk - Non-EU citizens can be refunded the VAT tax on their previous purchases here.
- Travel Agency - TUI Reisecenter is open from 9:00AM - 6:00PM (Mon-Fri) and 10:00AM - 5:00PM (Sat,Sun & Holidays)
The airport is open from 6:00AM - 10:00PM. Sleeping overnight in the airport is not possible.
Bus lines 2 and 810/811 link the airport to the central bus station (ZOB), located at the Memmingen Railway Station. One way fare is € 3.00.
The following car rental agencies are available onsite: Avis, Europcar, Hertz and Sixt.
Allgäu-Airport Express offers shared-ride shuttle service to destinations in the Allgäu region, with service scheduled to coordinate with all Wizzair and Ryanair flights. Four Season Travel offers shared-ride and private service to/from Tyrol. Busandfly offers shared and private service to Munich, Nuremberg and Erlangen und Bamberg. Lech Taxi offers service to the Arlberg Region (Lech, Zürs and Stuben am Arlberg). Meinfernbus is a long-distance coach service provider.
Taxis are readily available outside of the airport terminal.
Last Updated: 17 May 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.