Montpellier Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Montpellier Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
we were woken by a security guard who tried to move us out with a sweeping brush.
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Montpellier–Méditerranée Airport.
What to Expect
- A small, but modern single-terminal international airport with a limited variety of shops, restaurants and services.
- Unlimited free WiFi is available. See Airport WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- Overnight stays are not permitted at this airport. For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Montpellier Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
As of this update we were unable to confirm whether the airport has any first class or business lounges. If you know, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Free unlimited WiFi is available at Montpellier Airport. Connect to the "WIFI-by-MPL-AIRPORT" network.
If sleeping in Montpellier Airport does not appeal to you, there is a hotel located at the airport:
- Aeroport Hotel - (5 min walk from the terminal) This is the only hotel on the airport premises. Free 24-hr shuttle available upon request.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Montpellier Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Cash machines are located in the Arrivals hall next to the information desk.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty Free is available as well as a Relay Convenience shop and a one other small shop.
- Family Services
- Baby Changing Facilities - Location: Arrival Hall Toilets
- Children’s Area - A children’s playground is located in the departures lounge upper level.
- Food & Drinks - At the time of this update there were no 24-hour food and beverage concessions.
- Information Desk - Location: between the Departures and Arrivals Hall. Languages spoken: French, English, German, Arabic. Hours: 5:30AM - 11:15PM.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - not available
- Showers - not available
The airport is open 5:30AM - 11:00PM.
Montpellier “Airport Shuttle” line 120 links the airport to the Tramway network, via “Place de l’Europe” Tramway stop. Connection also available to Montpellier St Roch Railway Station via Tram 1 service from Place de l’Europe. One way journey between the airport and Place de l’Europe takes 15 minutes and costs 1.60 € for a single ticket or 2.60 € for a bus/tram combo ticket.
The following car rental agencies are available onsite, opposite Arrivals: AutoRapido, Avis, Budget, Enterprise, Europcar, Hertz, Interrent, Sixt and Thrifty.
Taxis are readily available outside of the airport terminal during airport hours of operation. Credit card payment is accepted with a minimum fare of 20 €.
Last Updated: 17 May 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.