Münster Osnabrück Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Münster Osnabrück Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
I slept there in 2003, and i had not forgotten the comfortable couches
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Münster Osnabrück International Airport.
What to Expect
- A small, but modern single-terminal international airport, divided into separate areas for departures and arrivals. Shopping and dining options are limited.
- Free WiFi is available. See Airport WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have attempted to sleep in this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s first class lounge. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Münster Osnabrück Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Münster Osnabrück airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- FMO Relax Lounge - Location: Airside, intersection of Terminal 1 and 2. Hours: 5:00AM - 8:00PM (Mon - Sat) • 5:00AM - 8:45PM (Sun). Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (€23.50) • Book Online (£25.00 - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required)
Unlimited free WiFi is available at Münster Osnabrück Airport. Connect to the FMO-WiFi network.
If you do not have a mobile device, there is an internet cafe in Terminal 2, first floor.
If sleeping in Muenster Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Gasthof Waldesruh - (5 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Land Komforthotel Ferienhof Grosse Drieling - (5 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Waldhaus an de Mialkwellen - (6 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Muenster Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- Airport Tours - The airport offers tours to passengers on specific dates offering the opportunity to watch close-up take-offs, landings and handling of airplanes. The price includes dinner buffet, airport tour and parking. Minimum number of people is 15 and cost is 45€ per person (25€ for children under 12). Call +49 2571 94-1515 for more information.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Chapel - Location: Terminal 2, First Floor.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty Free is available both Landside and Airside.
- Food & Drinks - At the time of this update there were no 24-hour food options. Vending machines are available in the secure zone, on the first floor.
- Information Desk - Yes.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Location: entrance to the multi-storey car park (Parkhaus A - next to the car rental offices). Rate: 2 - 2.50 euros/24 hours.
- Observation Deck - Access the deck through the Bel Air Self Serve Restaurant or via stairs located on the left side of the airport building (Car Park P1). In the summer you can enjoy ice cream, cool beverages and grilled items. Hours: Open 24 Hours.
- Prayer Room - Location: Terminal 2, first floor.
- Showers - Available (although, I am not sure where)
The airport is open 24 hours.
Muenster Airport is accessed by express bus line S50, line D50, regional line R51, Osnabrück line X150 and Ibbenbüren regional line S50.
The following car rental agencies are available onsite: Avis, Europcar, Hertz/Thrifty and Sixt.
Taxi and Shuttle
Metered taxis and shared-ride shuttles are available at Muenster Airport during airport hours of operation.
Last Updated: 19 April 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.