Nürnberg Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Nurnberg Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
padded seats are 3 to 4 persons wide with no armrests and a reclining padded backrest
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Nürnberg Airport.
What to Expect
- A spacious and modern single-terminal international airport, with clean facilities and a wide variety of shops, restaurants and services. 24-hour dining options are available!
- Check out the open-air observation deck, for comfortable padded seats and runways views!
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- Although no specific sleeping spot was mentioned, reviewers describe their overnight stay as quiet and safe, with plenty of armrest-free seating available. Have a sleep mask and earplugs or noise-cancelling headphones handy to block out those bright airport lights and annoying overhead announcements!
- Proof of onward flight is required in order to spend the night at the airport, so have your ticket or boarding pass ready to show!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s first class lounge. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Nürnberg Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- Dürer Lounge - Location: Terminal 1, Airside, departure gates, ground floor. Hours: 6:00AM - 11:00PM (Daily). Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (€ 16.50)
- Lufthansa Business Lounge - Location: Terminal 2, Airside, Opposite Gates A16 and A17. Hours: 5:00AM - 8:30PM (Sun - Fri) • 5:00AM - 8:00PM (Sat). Lounge Access: Book Online (US$ 42).
Free, unlimited (24 hours) WiFi is available. Connect to the “Telekom” network to start surfing.
If sleeping in Nürnberg Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Movenpick Hotel - Located 50m from the Terminal. Day rooms, based on availability, can be used from 9:00AM to 5:00PM.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Nürnberg Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- Airport Tours - Tours are conducted on Sundays. You can reserve a spot at the Information Desk. Rate: unknown
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Yes available at the Currency Exchange Office.
- Beauty Salon - Want a hair cut or new style visit the Hair and Beauty Gallerie. Location: Unknown. Hours: 11:00AM – 6:00PM (Mon – Fri), 8:00AM – 3:00 PM (Sat), closed Sundays.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Currency Exchange - Location: Landside, Ground Level. Hours: 5:45AM - 8:00PM (Mon - Fri) and 8:00AM - 4:00PM.
- Children's Play Area - There are two play areas located in the gate areas.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty Free is available along with a small selection of stores including an Airport Shop for convenience type items.
- Food & Drinks - Zigolini Bar, Landside is open 24 hours. Terminal90, Observation Area, combines 2 restaurants, bar/cafe/lounge all in the Observation Area. Open daily 9:00AM - 2:00AM.
- Information Desk - In addition to general airport questions, they offer a variety of services including: photocopies, faxes, key deposit and more. Location: Landside, Ground Level. Hours: 6:00AM - 11:00PM.
- Late Night Check-In - The following airlines offer late-night check-in: airberlin • Air VIA • Condor • TUIfly • Lufthansa • Germania • Sky Airlines • XL Airways. Check with your airline to for times and fees. As of Jan 2011, you could check-in between 6:00PM - 9:00PM for next day flights.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Baggae lockers are located in the multistory car-park P1 and P2. Rates: € 2 (small lockers sutiable for hand luggage) and € 3 (large lockers)
- Observation Deck - Hours: open 24 hours. Rate: Free
- Quiet Room - Location: Landside, Departure 2
- Showers - Not available
- Smoking - There are designated smoking areas throughout the airport.
The airport is open 24 hours.
Postbus intercity buses offer 6x daily direct bus service to Munich city center, 3x daily service to northwest Germany (via Frankfurt and Würzburg) and twice daily service to Leipzig and Berlin. Tickets are sold onboard or online, starting at €10 one way. Buses stop in front of Departure Terminal 1.
Onsite car rental services are offered by Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise, Hertz and Sixt. Location: Car Rental Service Centre across from the main terminal.
Several companies offer door-to-door shared-ride and private shuttle service to and from the airport. Contact your service provider of choice for details.
The U2 subway line links the airport to Nuremberg central station in a 12-minute journey.
Taxis are available outside of the airport terminal, 24 hours a day. At the time of this update, a one-way trip to/from Nuremberg city center or railway station takes 15 - 20 minutes, and costs about €18.
Terminal Quick Tips
- 24 hour observation deck has lots of seats
Last Updated: 17 May 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.