Santorini Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Santorini Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
Slept for a few hours during the day.. Lot of people everywhere... But I felt safe.
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Santorini Thira National Airport.
What to Expect
- A small, busy and crowded single-terminal airport with minimal amenities. A shop and a cafe are available, but not much else.
Where to Sleep
- Due to the airport’s small size, it gets crowded pretty easily. There aren’t a lot of seats available, so you’ll most likely end up on the floor IF you can find an empty spot on the floor.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Santorini Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
As of this update we were unable to confirm whether the airport has any first class or business lounges. If you know, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WiFi is not available in Santorini Airport
If sleeping in Santorini Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Monolithos Hotel - (5 min from the airport) Airport transfers available.
- Hotel Villa Manos - (6 min from the airport) Airport transfers available.
- Artemis Village - (5 min from the airport) Free roundtrip airport shuttle.
- Scorpios Hotel - (6 min from the airport) Airport transfers available.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Santorini Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Emporiki Bank of Greece.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty-free shopping is available in the Departures Building.
- Food & Drinks - A cafe is available.
- Information Desk - Yes, available.
- Luggage Storage / Lockers - Not available
- Showers - Not available
Hours vary according to season.
Date: 30/10/2016 till 12/11/16
5:40AM 2:45PM & 7:00PM - 9:30PM.
Date:13/11/2016 till 28/02/2017
7:30-11:40 & 19:00-21:30 (Mon) • 07:30-14:45 & 19:00-21:30 (Tue - Sun).
Date: 01/03/2017 till 15/03/2017
7:30AM - 2:45PM & 7:00PM - 9:30PM (Daily)
Date: 16/03/2017 till 25/03/2017
6:00AM - 2:45PM & 7:00PM - 9:30 PM (Daily)
Scheduled bus service is available between the airport and Fira bus station. A one-way journey takes about 20 minutes and costs €2,20.
The following car rental agencies offer service onsite: Advantage, Alamo, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise, Fox, Hertz, National, Payless and Thrifty
Santorini Transport offers shared-ride and private door-to-door service between the airport and all Santorini accommodations.
Taxis are available at the taxi rank located outside of the airport.
Last Updated: 07 October 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.