Sarajevo Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Sarajevo Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
Staff are very friendly (and speak foreign languages - mainly English, but also German, French, Spanish...) -a traveller
The terminal closes at night. It is not possible to stay inside and you will be asked to leave
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Sarajevo International Airport.
What to Expect
- A small single-terminal international airport with friendly multilingual staff, clean facilities, comfortable seating and a variety of shopping and dining options
- Frequent flight delays due to fog
- WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- The airport closes at night, so it is not possible to sleep in the airport overnight. Make alternative arrangements.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s first class lounge. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Sarajevo Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- Business Lounge (No. 1035) - Location: Terminal B, Airside, first floor. Hours: 5:00AM - 10:00PM (Daily). Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (€30)
- Business Lounge (No. 1043) - Location: Terminal B, Airside, first floor. Hours: 5:00AM - 10:00PM (Daily). Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (€30)
- Business Lounge (No. 1044) - Location: Terminal B, Airside, first floor. Hours: 5:00AM - 10:00PM (Daily). Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (€30)
WiFi is available at Sarajevo Airport. Internet Kiosks are available in the Main terminal. Vouchers for both can be purchased in the restaurants.
If sleeping in Sarajevo Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Hotel Octagon - (3 minute walk from the airport) Located only 100m from the airport.
- Hotel Suljovic - (2 min ride from the airport) Airport transfers available.
- Motel Europa - (3 min ride from the airport) Airport transfers available.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Sarajevo Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Cash machines were recently installed (May 2012) in Terminal B. Hours: 5:00AM - 10:00PM.
- Baggage Trolleys - Yes, available at 2 locations. Fees: Not known.
- Car Rentals - Avis • Budget • Europcar • Dollar • Hertz • Thrifty and more.
- Currency Exchange - Yes, available, in the centre hall, Ground Floor.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Yes, Duty Free is available.
- Food & Drinks - At the time of this update, there were no 24-hour food concessions. Food options include: Fast Food (Terminal B, first floor) • Snack Bar (Terminal B, first floor) • Refreshment Bar (Terminal B, ground floor) • Restaurant Bar (old Terminal, first floor)
- Information Desk - Yes, available in the centre hall, Ground Floor.
- Showers - Not available
According to an August 2016 review, the airport is closed from approx. 10:30PM/11:30PM until 5:00AM.
Information not available.
Last Updated: 24 May 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.