Zadar Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Zadar Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
They don't do any flying during the night but they do let you stay there. It was fantastic!
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Zadar Airport.
What to Expect
- A small, modern single-terminal international airport served by seasonal flights. Limited shopping and dining options are available.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- Although no specific sleeping spot was mentioned, reviewers described their overnight stay as quiet and safe. Reviews were mixed on comfort. There are very few padded benches available, so most likely you will have to sleep on the floor. One reviewer described the floors as dirty and sticky with spilled food and coffee, while others slept comfortably on the floor using sleeping bags, travel mats or even beach towels.
- When sleeping landside, the doors open and cold air comes in during winter. Wear warm clothes and have a blanket handy.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s first class lounge. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
- Overnight stays are allowed, but the airport closes and locks its terminal at 10:00PM, which means no passengers are allowed to enter or exit the building. If you plan to spend the night, arrive at the airport before it closes for the night. The airport opens again at 4:00AM.
- Smoking is not allowed inside the terminal at anytime. You will be locked inside the airport overnight, so keep that in mind when deciding whether to spend the night at the airport.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Zadar Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Zadar airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Zadar Airport Business Lounge - Location: Airside, International Departures. Hours: 8:00AM - 8:00PM (Mon - Wed, Fri) • 8:00AM - 4:00PM (Thurs & Sun) • 6:00AM - 8:00PM (Sat). Lounge Access: Book Online (£20.00 - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required)
Free WiFi is available at Zadar Airport. Connect to the “Zadar Airport Free” network.
If sleeping in Zadar Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Hotel Porto - (10 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Pansion Matanovi Dvori - (14 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Hotel Joso - (15 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Zadar Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATM / Cash Machine - There are two machines available.
- Baby Care Facilities - There is one baby changing facility available at the airport.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Currency Exchange - There are two locations. Exact locations and hours are not known.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty Free is available Airside.
- Food & Drinks - At the time of this update it is not known if there are any 24-hour food concessions.
- Landside: Caffe Bar and Restaurant
- Airside: Caffe Bar
- Information Desk - Location: to the left of the check-in counters.
The airport is open 6:00AM - 10:00PM. According to the web site it says the airport is open 24 hours "on request".
Onsite car rental services are provided by the following agencies: Air Rent a Car, Avis, Dollar/Thrifty, Filipović Rent a Car, Fleet, Hertz, Last Minute Rent-a-Car, Lulić Rent a Car, Oryx, Sixt, Uni Rent and Uniline. Location: The Car rental counters are located in a separate building outside the terminal.
Taxis are readily available at the taxi stand opposite the International Arrivals exit between the hours of 6:00AM - 10:00PM, and on call during all other times.
Last Updated: 03 June 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.