Damascus Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Damascus Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
It takes the local police 10 minutes to track a sleeping person and to point with a Kalashnikov to his face. - Wim
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Damascus International Airport.
What to Expect
- A single-terminal international airport with few shops and a restaurant. Flight service is limited, due to the Syrian Civil War.
Where to Sleep
- Overnight stays are not permitted at this airport.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Damascus Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
As of this update we were unable to confirm whether the airport has any first class or business lounges. If you know, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As of this update we were unable to confirm whether internet access is available. If you know, please email us at email@example.com.
If sleeping in Damascus Airport does not appeal to you, there are nearest hotels we were able to find:
- Oriental Hotel - (25 min from the airport) Call hotel for airport transfer arrangements ($).
- Beit Al Wali Hotel - (27 min from the airport) Airport shuttle service available ($)
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Damascus Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- Duty Free & Shopping - It is not known if Duty Free is available however, there are a few souvenir type shops available.
- Food & Drinks - There are restaurants/bars and coffee shops available however the hours and exact locations (landside vs airside) are not known.
- Prayer Room - Yes, located in terminal 2.
As of this update, we were unable to confirm airport hours of operation. We recommend that you read a few reviews before deciding to sleep in the airport overnight. If you know the airport hours, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will update this airport guide.
Metered taxis are readily available for hire in the ground transportation area of the airport.
Last Updated: 02 January 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.