Tehran Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Tehran Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
No-one minds if you curl up on the floor as sleeping on floors in the mosques or on the grass in the park seems quite accepted all over Iran. - Ian
Lots of luggage carts. Source: Shahram Sharif / Wikipedia
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Tehran Imam Khomeini International Airport.
What to Expect
- A busy and modern single-terminal international airport with limited shops and dining options. At the time of this update, two additional terminals are currently under construction, due to be completed within the next three years.
- Lines for check-in and security checkpoints can be long and slow during peak times, so allow plenty of time to get to the airport!
- The restaurant’s cafes are pricey. Have some snacks and beverages handy to save money!
- WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- Sleeping is common in this airport, and although no specific spot for sleeping was mentioned, reviewers who spent the night here slept comfortably. Have a sleeping bag or travel blanket and mat handy for added comfort!
- There are recliners near the gates and around the duty free shop.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there is a hotel opposite Terminal 1. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers may be able to pay to enter the airport’s first class lounge. At the time of this update, detailed information about the lounge is currently unavailable.
- The currency exchange on the top floor reportedly has the best rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Tehran Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- CIP Lounge - details are unknown
If sleeping in Tehran Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Novotel Tehran Imam Khomeini International Airport - Located opposite Terminal. A free airport shuttle is available.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Tehran Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
WiFi is available in the arrival and departure lounges.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - There are ATMs in the airport, but they only dispense local currency - Rial.
- Banks - There are three banks offering currency exchange services at five locations in the airport: Saman Bank (Departure Lounge) • Sepah Bank (Arrival Lounge A) • Meli Bank (Departure Lounge 2, Arrival Lounge A, Check-in Area 2)
- Car Rentals - Europcar
- Currency Exchange - see banks above
- Food & Drinks - At the time of this update it was not known if there are any 24-hour food concessions at the airport. There is a Segafredo, Deli and Persian food concessions.
- Information Desk - Hours: open 24 hours.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - not available
- Mobile Chargers - Available in the departures and arrivals areas.
- Prayer Rooms - Available to all passengers - departures, arrivals and transit areas.
- Shopping - There are a few shops that are open 24 hrs but regardless of the opening hours, there is not much to buy, only snacks or soft drinks between 11:00PM to 7:00AM except 30 days a year (Ramadan) that currently coincides with July. (thanks to a reader for this info)
- Showers - not available
The airport is open 24 hours.
Information not available.
Last Updated: 15 March 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.