Guadalajara Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Guadalajara Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
Air Con was turned down at gate waiting area and the mosquitoes became very active
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Guadalajara Airport.
What to Expect
- The Guadalajara airport has a single passenger terminal.
- Bring your insect repellent! Mosquitoes are a serious problem at this airport. When it rains, the roof leaks and buckets need to be set up to catch the water
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi information in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have attempted to sleep in this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport that provide free airport shuttles. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to use one of the first class lounges. See our Airport Lounges section for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Guadalajara Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Guadalajara airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- VIP Lounge (East) - Location: Terminal 1, Airside, near Gate 10. Hours: 5:00AM - 10:00PM (Daily). Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (450 MXN) • Book Online (US$ 39 - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required)
- VIP Lounges (West) - Location: Terminal 1, Airside, before Gate 5. Hours: 5:00AM - 10:00PM (Daily). Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (450 MXN) • Book Online (US$ 39 - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required)
- Aeromexico Salon Premier - Location: Airside, upper level. Hours: 5:00AM - 10:00PM (daily). Lounge Access: Aeromexico Salon Premier Membership.
Free WiFi is available at Guadalajara Airport to customers of the following outlets: Telmex • Burger King • Starbucks • Wings. Access available at the boarding gate at Terminal 1 for customers of Prodigy. Access is obtained with the name of "User" and "Password" in the Prodigy service.
If sleeping in Guadalajara Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Hotel Casa Grande Aeropuerto - (4 min walk from the airport) Reviews are mixed, but this is the closest hotel to the airport
- Hampton Inn by Hilton Guadalajara Aeropuerto - (10 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle service (subject to availability).
- City Express Junior Guadalajara Periferico Sur - (10 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle service (subject to availability).
- Holiday Inn Express Guadalajara Aeropuerto - (11 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle service.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Guadalajara Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - ATMs are located both landside and airside in Terminal 1. Hours: available 24 hours.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Currency Exchange - CIBanco offers currency exchange daily from 7:00AM - 8:00PM Location: T1 (landside).
- Duty Free & Shopping - Dufry offers duty-free shopping to both departing and arriving passengers in the International terminal. A small variety of retail stores, mini-markets, newsstands, and gift shops are also available.
- Food & Drinks - Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. These options are open 24 hours:
- T1, International Departures - Break Station (near Gate 4)
- T1, Domestic Departures - El Quijote (Gate 14) • Krispy Kreme (Gate 12)
- T1, International Arrivals - Krispy Kreme
- Information Desk - not available
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - not available
- Showers - not available
The airport is open 24 hours.
The following car rental agencies offer service onsite, 24 hours a day, in the Domestic and International Arrivals halls: Alamo • Avis • Budget • Europcar • Fox Rent a Car • Hertz • National • Optima • Sixt • Thrifty / Dollar.
Some local hotels offer shuttle service or transfers to and from the airport. Contact your hotel of choice for availability and details.
Prepaid taxis are readily available for hire in the ground transportation area of the airport. Stop at the Prepaid Taxi booth in the Arrivals hall to pay for your ride. You will receive a ticket to give to your taxi driver before boarding the taxi.
Last Updated: 15 January 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.