Tijuana Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Tijuana Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
being that is was january of this year it was fairly cold down there , so i was surprised that they would crank the air conditioner all night long. - a traveller
photo credit: memobiker / Wikimedia
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Tijuana Airport.
What to Expect
- The Tijuana airport has one main terminal.
- There is a second terminal, Terminal 2, located on the U.S. side of the border. It serves as a check-in and processing facility for departing and arriving passengers, and does not have any gates or arrival facilities.
- WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
The airport is open 24 hours.
- There are several 24 hour concession options at this airport.
Where to Sleep
- We have not received any reviews on this airport since 2005. If you have been there recently, please write a review.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- There are lounges that economy class passengers can pay to use. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Tijuana Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Tijuana airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- VIP Room - Location: Terminal 1, Airside. Hours: 7:00AM - 1:00AM (Daily). Lounge Access: Book Online (US$ 39.00 - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required)
- Aeromexico Salon Premier - Location: Airside. Hours: 8:00AM - 7:00PM & 9:00PM - 1:30AM. Lounge Access: Aeromexico Salon Premier Membership
Free WiFi is available at Tijuana airport. Connect to the “GAP FREE” network.
If sleeping in Tijuana Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Hotel del Principado - (3 minutes from the airport) This is the closest hotel to the airport. Free airport transfers available.
- Gamma de Fiesta Inn Tijuana - (7 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Fiesta Inn Tijuana Otay Aeropuerto - (8 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- City Express Junior Tijuana Otay - (8 minutes from the airport) Airport transfers available.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Tijuana Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Banamex, Bancomer, Banorte, HSBC Bank and Globo Cambio have ATMs at this airport.
- Car Rentals - Alamo • Avis • Budget • Dollar • Europcar • Hertz • National • Sixt • Thrifty. Location: Arrivals Area. Hours: only Europcar is open 24 hours.
- Currency Exchange - Aerocambio and MPA are open 7:00AM - 10:00PM. Locations unknown.
- Food & Drinks - Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. These options are open 24 hours: Aca las Tortas • Baja Food & Drinks • Mirage Restaurant and Bar • Natural Break • Revolucion.
- Information Desk - not available
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - not available
- Pharmacy - Location: Terminal 1, Landside. Hours: 24 hours a day
- Showers - not available
The airport is open 24 hours.
Information not available.
Terminal Quick Tips
- air-conditioning too high. Bring a sweater!
Last Updated: 24 June 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.