Whitehorse Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Whitehorse Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
it's VERY quiet during the night. Perfect if you want to get some sleep. We were literally the only people aside from security who were there. - alexpb
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Erik Nielsen Whitehorse International Airport.
What to Expect
- A small, but busy single-terminal airport with basic amenities.
- The airport’s restaurant closes at night. Stash some food and drinks for later if vending machine snacks are not enough!
- There are power outlets located throughout the airport terminal.
Where to Sleep
- There is a secluded terminal add-on to the main terminal building which provideds a nice, warm, peaceful and quiet place to sleep at night. The lights in that part of the building are set on a motion detector, so the area remains darkened unless you move. The seating consists of uncomfortable hard wood chairs, most with armrests, so you’ll probably sleep more comfortable on the floor. Have a travel mat or sleeping bag handy for added comfort!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Whitehorse Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
There are no pay-per-use lounges at the airport.
As of this update we were unable to confirm whether internet access is available. If you know, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If sleeping in Whitehorse Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Skky Hotel - (7 min walk from the airport) Located across the street from the airport. Free airport shuttle service available.
- Beez Kneez Bakpakers - (9 min from the airport) Airport shuttle available for $10 per person, each way
- Coast High Country Inn - (10 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle service available.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Whitehorse Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Information not available
The airport is open from 4:45AM - the last flight (normally around 1:30AM).
Information not available.
Last Updated: 24 June 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.