In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Nadi Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
I climbed on to the domestic incoming luggage belt , put my handbag under my head and sleep like a baby for 5 hours. - Shirley
Airside seating. Photo credit: The Y-Man
"Landed in Fiji at about 4am and had to wait for a connecting flight at about 2pm, which was delayed until 4pm.
The main airport lobby has huge, nice, new leather couches that several other travelers were also sleeping on. The main distraction was the airport employees who would come and sit next to you while you were sleeping and talk, sing and play music. I am a pretty light sleeper so it was hard to sleep. Also, as a woman, I was a bit nervous sleeping with my bags right next to a strange man.
There are a few food options, including a sit down pizza restaurant that was really good but a bit pricey. There are also two cafes with a variety of food.
There were two internet kiosks, neither of which worked, but I was refunded for the card that i bought, which was nice.
The bathrooms are pretty dirty. There were showers, but i wam the kind of person that would just rather not shower.
On the way back through, I decided to get a hotel rather than staying at the airport, but that was pretty terrible. The whole thing was set up through an airport travel agency. The place that i stayed at looked like a resort in the pictures and actually ended up being a hotel that is used to forcefully house deportees waiting for a flight. Very interesting.
Overall, the airport is nice, clean and has good sleeping spots if you are a deep sleeper, but the bathrooms are dirty."
Have you been to Nadi Airport recently? Tell us about it!
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- VIP Lounge - Location: airside, ground floor, international departures area.
- Air Pacific Lounge - Location: International Terminal, airside, ground floor, international departures area. Showers are available. Hours: varies. Rate: FJD$75 for a guest pass.
- Air New Zealand Lounge
- Rosie Travel Lounge
- Tour Managers Lounge
WiFi is available at Nadi Airport for a fee. Additionally there are 5 internet kiosks available for a fee. (1 in the Domestic Terminal, 1 at the Farewellers Hall, 2 in the International Departures Lounge and 1 at the Arrivals Concourse). Rates from: FJD 5.00 (for 30 minutes or 30 mb) - FJD 20 (for 1 hour or 160 mb).
If sleeping in the Nadi Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport that offer a free airport shuttle.
- Tokatoka Resort Hotel - located opposite the airport.
- Trans International Hotel - within walking distance of the airport.
- Raffles Gateway Hotel - within walking distance of the airport.
- Tanoa Skylodge
- Jetset Accommodation
- Gate 8 - transfers not available for this hotel. Taxi fare is FJD5-7 according to a 2012 review on Tripadvisor.
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Nadi Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Information not available
- Car Rentals - Budget • Avis • Europcar • Hertz • Thrifty • and more.
- Currency Exchange - Information not available
- Food & Drinks - At the time of this update it was not know if there are any 24-hour food or beverage concessions available at the airport.
- Information Desk - Information not available
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Location: Domestic Terminal, landside, next to the Domestic Cafe. Hours: open 24 hours. Rates: FJD 7.50 - FJD 15 per day
- Showers - Information not available
- Smoking - Information not available
Open 24 hours
Facebook and Twitter Tips
The SleepingInAirports community depends on travellers, like you, to share their airport experiences through airport reviews and survey responses. If you had a good or bad experience at Nadi Airport, tell us about it!
- Complete the Airport Survey - Your responses to this short (and easy!) questionnaire will help us determine the Best and Worst Airports of 2014.
- Submit your Airport Review - Register to submit your airport review or simply email your annonymous review to me and I will add it to the database.
Thank you for helping the Community!
Nadi Travel Resources
- Nadi Hotels - search for deals, check availability and read reviews
Last Updated: 13 February 2014
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you du ring your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items quoted in the guide, email me.