Papeete Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Papeete Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
Off to the left of the main terminal was a small pavilion with roof, and three wooden benches, it was almost too good to be true! - Heather
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Papeete Airport.
What to Expect
- The Papeete airport has five terminals within the same building.
- WiFi is available. See WiFi information in the airport guide below.
- There is one 24 hour bar, Manureva, found past security in Terminal 1.
- There have been accusations of credit card scams at some of the airport concession stands, so be on your guard.
Where to Sleep
- Sleeping options are reportedly limited, but some reviewers mention long metal benches.
- Reports on air conditioning are mixed. Some reviewers mentioned none at all, whereas others complained of the cold. Be prepared for anything!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are nearby hotels. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to use one of the first class lounges. See Airport Lounges below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Papeete Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- Salon Manuhiri Lounge - Location: Terminal 1, Airside, upstairs. Hours: 150 minutes prior to first flight departure - 60 minutes after last scheduled departure. Scheduled flight times exclude Hawaiian and Lan Airlines.
Free WiFi is available at Papeete Airport for 15 minutes. For access, connect to the “Wi-Tahitiairport” network. After the free period is up, you can opt to purchase additional service for a period of 1 hour (300F) or 6 hours (900F), online or by purchasing a prepaid card at Snack Express or Atrium Restaurant in the public area.
If sleeping in Papeete Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Tahiti Airport Hotel - (5 minute walk from the airport) Located across the street from the airport.
- InterContinental Tahiti Resort & Spa - (5 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Ahitea Lodge - (10 min from the airport) Airport transfers available for 1300 CFP per person, each way.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Papeete Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- Banking Services - Banque Socredo Location: T1/Domestic, Landside Hours: 8:00AM - 11:45AM, 1:30PM - 4:30PM (Mon-Fri)
- Business Center - Location: T1/Domestic, Landside Hours: 7:30AM - 6:00PM (Mon-Fri), 7:30AM - 1:00PM (Sat), 7:30AM - 12:00PM (Sun)
- Car Rentals - Available landside in T1/Domestic.
- Currency Exchange - Tahiti Exchange operates landside in the International Terminal. Hours: 8:00AM - 11:30AM (Mon-Fri) and three hours before every international flight departure.
- Duty Free and Shopping - Duty-free shopping is available airside in International Departures and Arrivals Hall / Baggage Claim areas. In addition, some souvenir shops, gift boutiques, and newsstands are also available. Check out the fragrant flower leis and shell necklaces at the Fare Hei traditional Polynesian marketplace!
- Food & Drinks - Food concessions throughout the airport operate on varying schedules, with some open as early as 4:30AM. At the time of this update, there are no 24-hour dining options, but Atrium Revanui bar & snack shop is open for each international departure. Food options include:
- T1/Domestic, Landside - Atrium Terrace • Atrium Lounge • Atrium Express • McDonald’s
- T1/Domestic, Airside, Boarding Area - Snack Kuriri
- International Terminal, Boarding Area - Atrium Revanui
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Luggage storage is available landside in the International Terminal. Rate: unknown. Hours: 6:00AM - 12:00PM and 1:30PM - 10:00PM (Mon-Fri, Sun) and 6:00AM - 12:00PM and 1:30PM - 11:00PM (Sat).
- Postal Services - Postal and telecommunication services are available at OPT. Location: T1/Domestic, Landside Hours: 6:30AM - 11:00AM, 12:00PM - 3:00PM (Mon-Thurs) and 6:30AM - 11:00AM, 12:00PM - 2:00PM (Fri).
The airport is open 24 hours.
Several area hotels provide airport transportation service to their guests either for a fee or as a courtesy. Here are a few hotels offering airport shuttle service: Le Meridien Tahiti • Pension Ahitea Lodge • Tahiti Pearl Beach Resort.
Last Updated: 24 March 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.