Bangor Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Bangor Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
My earplugs could not block out the announcements however my ipod with the type of earbuds that seals your ears in could. - dynamodp3
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Bangor International Airport.
What to Expect
- A small airport with minimal shopping and dining options.
- Layovers or cancellations are largely due to inclimate weather. Overnight stays due to flight connection times or public transportation schedules.
- The airport turns into a virtual ghost town after the last flights roll in. All airport shops and services close at night.
- The airport provides free WiFi. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- Although the airport closes at 1:00AM, reviewers report being allowed to sleep in the airport overnight with no interference from airport staff.
- Due to the lack of armrest-free seating, reviewers that chose to stay in the airport had to sleep on the floor. One creative reviewer set up camp on airport grounds outside of the terminal.
- Loud overhead TVs and obnoxious overhead announcements continue well into the night. Have your earplugs or noise-cancelling headphones handy!
- There is a hotel connected to the airport by an enclosed skywalk. See Airport Hotels below.
Good to Know
- Blankets, pillows, snacks, earplugs and sleep mask were on the wish list for travellers sleeping at Bangor Airport.
- Shops, fast food restaurants and a grocery store are located within walking distance of the airport. A Dollar Tree convenience store is located near the airport entrance.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our BangorAirport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
There are no pay-per-use lounges.
Free WiFi is available at Bangor Airport. Connect in the main terminal area.
If sleeping in Bangor Airport does not appeal to you, there is a hotel at the airport....
- Four Points by Sheraton Bangor Airport - Connected to the airport by enclosed skywalk. Day rooms are offered based on availability.
- Days Inn Bangor - (6 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle available.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Bangor Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - An ATM is available landside on the 2nd floor of the Domestic terminal, next to the restaurants.
- Baggage Carts - 1st floor of the Domestic Terminal.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Children’s Play Area - Two locations: Domestic terminal, airside, one each at Gates 1 and 6 on the 2nd floor.
- Currency Exchange - not available
- Duty Free & Shopping - The airport has a newsstand (Bangor News & Gifts) and a clothing and sundries shop (The Grasshopper Shop), both located on the 2nd floor, landside.
- Food & Drinks - The airport offers two landside dining options: Refueler Pub & Grill • The Highlands Cafe. A small cafe is available airside. All are located landside on the 2nd floor in the Domestic terminal.
- Information Desk - not available
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - not available.
- Mobile Charging Stations - Yes, available airside near Gates 1 and 6.
- Showers - not available
The airport is open 3:00AM - 1:00AM.
Several private companies serve Bangor Airport, offering transportation throughout the region. For a list of bus companies and the areas they serve, visit the Bangor International Airport website.
Onsite car rental agencies include Avis, Budget, Hertz and National/Alamo.
Several area hotels provide airport transportation service as a courtesy to their guests. Here are a few hotels offering airport shuttle service: Bangor Motor Inn • Days Inn Bangor • Econo Lodge • Hampton Inn Bangor • Holiday Inn Bangor-Odlin Road • Quality Inn • Ramada Bangor • Super 8 Bangor
Taxis are available in the ground transportation area of the terminal during airport hours of operation. All taxis are metered and reservations are not required.
Last Updated: 11 December 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.