Buffalo Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Buffalo Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
It's a very clean airport and has a decent amount of benches, but on a busy night you should get your bench early before it's taken. The benches are in the main lobby/check-in counters. -Dennisl
photo by Marina Zapatero
May 2014 - I was traveling out of buffalo on a Sunday evening. After sitting on my plane for over an hour and then being delayed a total of 3 hours we were rebooked and my flight wasn't until the morning. I chose to stay airside where there was a plethora of benches and charging stations. If you wanted floor space there were even some dark nooks away from the each of airport fluorescent lighting. The benches weren't too bad and anchor bar stays open cooking their famous wings until about 8:30 and selling drinks until the last plane leaves. My rest was great, I chose a section that was already vacuumed. That is until 3:30am when security asked me to leave and re-enter in 30 minutes. Outside security had fat more people and benches were scarce, however I did find one in baggage claim.
Have you been to Buffalo Airport recently? Write a Review!
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Buffalo airport either by purchasing a day pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- American Airlines Admiral's Club - Location: Airside, Gate 6. Hours: 515am - 830pm (Sun - Fri) • 6am - 6pm (Sat). Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$ 50.00) • Admiral's Club Membership.
Free WiFi is available at Buffalo Airport. Connect to SSID:AWG-WiFi.
If sleeping at the Buffalo Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport with free airport shuttles:
- Aloft Buffalo Airport- (5 min from the airport) Free 24-hr shuttle service to airport and surrounding area (within 5 mile radius).
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Buffalo Airport - (5 min from the airport) Free 24-hr shuttle service to airport and surrounding area (within 5 mile radius).
- Hampton Inn & Suites Buffalo Airport - (5 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle service.
- Hilton Garden Inn - (5 min from the airport) Free 24-hr airport shuttle service.
- Days Hotel Buffalo Airport - (6 min from the airport) Free 24-hr airport shuttle available.
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Buffalo Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Yes
- Baggage Carts - Smarte Cartes can be found on the Lower Level in the Baggage Claim. Rate: unknown.
- Car Rentals - Alamo • Avis • Budget • Enterprise • Hertz • National • Thrifty. Location: Parking Garage on the Arrivals Level.
- Children's Play Area - The Fisher-Price Play Gate is located Gate 9.
- Currency Exchange - Information not available
- Food & Drinks - At the time of this update it was not know if there were any 24 hour food or beverage concessions available at the airport. Vending machines in the baggage claim.
- Information Desk - Location: Lower Level, Baggage Claim.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - not available
- Mobile Charging - Free power chargers are located at Gates 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 14, 15, 16, 18, 22, 23 and 25. if you are in a rush, Rapid Chargers will charge your cell phone or iPod in 15-30 minutes. Locations: Gates 4, 14, 20. Rate: $3 per charge.
- Showers - not available
- Work Stations - If you need a space to work, the airport offers workstations with a desk, chair and outlets can be found at Gates #3, #14 and #20. Rates: Free.
The airport is open 24 hours. However, the security checkpoint is open from 4am - the last flight.
Last Updated: 29 May 2015
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items quoted in the guide, email me.