Buffalo Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Buffalo Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
It's a very clean airport and has a decent amount of benches, but on a busy night you should get your bench early before it's taken. The benches are in the main lobby/check-in counters. -Dennisl
photo by Marina Zapatero
May 2014 - I was traveling out of buffalo on a Sunday evening. After sitting on my plane for over an hour and then being delayed a total of 3 hours we were rebooked and my flight wasn't until the morning. I chose to stay airside where there was a plethora of benches and charging stations. If you wanted floor space there were even some dark nooks away from the each of airport fluorescent lighting. The benches weren't too bad and anchor bar stays open cooking their famous wings until about 8:30 and selling drinks until the last plane leaves. My rest was great, I chose a section that was already vacuumed. That is until 3:30am when security asked me to leave and re-enter in 30 minutes. Outside security had fat more people and benches were scarce, however I did find one in baggage claim.
Have you been to Buffalo Airport recently? Write a Review!
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Free WiFi is available at Buffalo Airport. Connect to SSID:AWG-WiFi.
If sleeping at the Buffalo Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport with free airport shuttles:
- Aloft Buffalo Airport- (5 min from the airport) Free 24-hr shuttle service to airport and surrounding area (within 5 mile radius).
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Buffalo Airport - (5 min from the airport) Free 24-hr shuttle service to airport and surrounding area (within 5 mile radius).
- Hampton Inn & Suites Buffalo Airport - (5 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle service.
- Hilton Garden Inn - (5 min from the airport) Free 24-hr airport shuttle service.
- Days Hotel Buffalo Airport - (6 min from the airport) Free 24-hr airport shuttle available.
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Buffalo Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Yes
- Baggage Carts - Smarte Cartes can be found on the Lower Level in the Baggage Claim. Rate: unknown.
- Car Rentals - Alamo • Avis • Budget • Enterprise • Hertz • National • Thrifty. Location: Parking Garage on the Arrivals Level.
- Children's Play Area - The Fisher-Price Play Gate is located Gate 9.
- Currency Exchange - Information not available
- Food & Drinks - At the time of this update it was not know if there were any 24 hour food or beverage concessions available at the airport. Vending machines in the baggage claim.
- Information Desk - Location: Lower Level, Baggage Claim.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - not available
- Mobile Charging - Free power chargers are located at Gates 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 14, 15, 16, 18, 22, 23 and 25. if you are in a rush, Rapid Chargers will charge your cell phone or iPod in 15-30 minutes. Locations: Gates 4, 14, 20. Rate: $3 per charge.
- Showers - not available
- Work Stations - If you need a space to work, the airport offers workstations with a desk, chair and outlets can be found at Gates #3, #14 and #20. Rates: Free.
The airport is open 24 hours. However, the security checkpoint is open from 4:00AM - the last flight.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
NFTA Metro Route 204 (Airport - Downtown Express) offers nonstop service between the airport and downtown Buffalo, including the Central Business District and the Metro Bus station in the Metropolitan Transportation Center. Buses run on weekdays, departing every 30 minutes during peak times. Buffalo Airport is also accessed by regular Metro buses: Route 24 Genesee, Route 27 Wende and Route 68 George Urban. For rides to or from Niagara Falls, USA or Canada, take one of the listed buses to the downtown Metro bus station. The airport bus stop is located just before the Arrivals Level entrance at the terminal, near Crosswalk 1b. One-way fare is $2 for regular buses and $2.50 for express buses (Metro Route 204). For route maps, timetables and fares, visit the NFTA website.
Greyhound, Coach Canada, Neon, Mega Bus and Trailways offer transportation from the airport to downtown Buffalo, both sides of Niagara Falls, Toronto and the Adirondacks. Buses stop on Arrivals Level (Crosswalk 1a) past the hotel shuttles. Schedules, route maps and fare information are available at the airport Information Desk.
Onsite car rental agencies include Alamo, Avis, Budget, Enterprise, Hertz and National. Look for their desks on Arrivals Level, near Crosswalks 3 or 4.
Several area hotels provide airport transportation service as a courtesy to their guests. Here are a few hotels offering airport shuttle service: Aloft Buffalo Airport • Best Western The Inn at Buffalo Airport • Comfort Suites Buffalo • Courtyard Buffalo Airport • Days Hotel Buffalo Airport • Fairfield Inn & Suites Buffalo Airport • Hampton Inn Buffalo-Williamsville • Hampton Inn & Suites Buffalo Airport • Hilton Garden Inn Buffalo Airport • Holiday Inn Buffalo International Airport • Holiday Inn Express Buffalo Airport • Homewood Suites by Hilton Buffalo-Airport • Quality Inn Buffalo Airport • Sleep Inn Buffalo Airport • TownePlace Suites Buffalo Airport.
Taxis and Shared Ride Shuttles
Taxis and shared-ride shuttles are available on the Arrivals Level of the terminal, near Crosswalk 3. ITA Airport Taxis offer service to/from Niagara Falls, USA for $70 one-way or Niagara Falls, Canada for $85 one-way. This fare is good for parties of up to 5 passengers, and includes tip. ITA Airport Shuttles offer shared-ride service to Niagara Falls or any hotel within two miles of the falls on either side of the border. You can opt for their scheduled service at $24 per person (US side) or $36 per person (Canadian side), one way (not including tip), or request on-demand service at $50 per person (US side) or $65 per person (Canadian side). Scheduled shuttles depart fifteen minutes past the hour, every hour between 8:15AM - 5:15PM.
Last Updated: 29 May 2015
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items quoted in the guide, email me.