In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Buffalo Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
It's a very clean airport and has a decent amount of benches, but on a busy night you should get your bench early before it's taken. The benches are in the main lobby/check-in counters. -Dennisl
photo by Marina Zapatero
I slept on the ground with my sleeping bag and matt. But you can also sleep on the chairs - they are soft and have no armrests. Cleaning-maschines were very loud - so bring ear-plugs with you!!! But at all - it was the quietest airport I knew. No people there at night - only the security, that was very friendly. Very clean. There is only basement and 1. floor. No different terminals. Its a small airposrt. No food-shops (only a expensive cafe) and automat with snacks. (But Mc Donalds & Grill 5 minutes to walk over the street outside the airport - open 24/7) I spended 2 times 1 night and would do it every time again.
Have you been to Buffalo Airport recently? Tell us about it!
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- US Airways Club - Location: Airside, Gate 6. Hours: 515am - 830pm (Sun - Fri) • 6am - 6pm (Sat). Lounge Access: US$ 50 for a Day Pass
Free WiFi is available at Buffalo Airport. Connect to SSID:AWG-WiFi.
If sleeping at the Buffalo Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport with free airport shuttles:
- Hilton Garden Inn - located across the street from the airport. (Shuttle Hours: 24 hours)
- Homewood Suites (Shuttle Hours: 24 hours)
- Fairfield Inn (Shuttle Hours: 24 hours)
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Buffalo Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Yes
- Luggage Trolleys - Smarte Cartes can be found on the Lower Level in the Baggage Claim. Rate: unknown.
- Car Rentals - Alamo • Avis • Budget • Enterprise • Hertz • National • Thrifty. Location: Parking Garage on the Arrivals Level.
- Children's Play Area - The Fisher-Price Play Gate is located Gate 9.
- Currency Exchange - Information not available
- Food & Drinks - At the time of this update it was not know if there were any 24 hour food or beverage concessions available at the airport. Vending machines in the baggage claim.
- Information Desk - Location: Lower Level, Baggage Claim.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - not available
- Mobile Charging - Free power chargers are located at Gates 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 14, 15, 16, 18, 22, 23 and 25. if you are in a rush, Rapid Chargers will charge your cell phone or iPod in 15-30 minutes. Locations: Gates 4, 14, 20. Rate: $3 per charge.
- Showers - not available
open 24 hours
The SleepingInAirports community depends on travellers, like you, to share their airport experiences through airport reviews and survey responses. If you had a good or bad experience at Buffalo Airport, tell us about it!
- Complete the 2014 Airport Survey - Your responses to this short (and easy!) questionnaire will help us determine the Best and Worst Airports of 2014.
- Submit your Airport Review - Register to submit your airport review or simply email your annonymous review to me and I will add it to the database.
Thank you for helping the Community!
Last Updated: 28 January 2014
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you du ring your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items quoted in the guide, email me.