Burlington Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Burlington Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
Around 4:00 am Security shift change occurred and the woke us all up and kicked us out.
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Burlington International Airport.
What to Expect
- A tiny and homey two-floor airport with two concourses (North and South) and limited facilities.
- There are relaxation areas to unwind and meditate. Check out the Skyway and the Green Roof!
- After airport restaurants and shops close for the night, vending machines are the only in-airport snack option. Be sure to purchase food and drinks before the concessions close.
- The airport provides free WiFi. See WiFi information in the airport guide below.
- Reviewers who spent the night here usually did so due to late arrival of incoming flight.
Where to Sleep
- After security checkpoints close for the night, passengers are restricted to landside only. Passengers sleeping airside will be required to go back to landside until security reopens, and will need to clear security again to re-enter.
- According to one reviewer, sleeping in the airport seems to be at the discretion of airport security. Some travellers claim to have been kicked out of the airport at closing time or in the very early morning.
- Rocking chairs, couches, loveseats, and benches are available upstairs on the 2nd floor. One reviewer described sleeping in BTV as “probably more comfortable than sleeping at a friend’s”. Have a sleep mask and earplugs handy to block out the bright lights and any noises that may carry through the night!
- Baggage claim has comfortable benches and nearby power outlets
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport that provide free airport shuttles. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Vending machines in this airport do not take debit/bank cards.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Burlington Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
There are no pay-per-use airport lounges at this time.
Free WiFi is available at Burlington Airport.
If sleeping in Burlington Airport does not appeal to you, there is a hotel near the airport:
- La Quinta Inn & Suites South Burlington - (5 minutes from the airport) Free airport shuttle available on request, daily from 5:00AM to Midnight.
- Doubletree by Hilton Burlington VT - (5 minutes from the airport) Free 24-hr airport shuttle service available.
- Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn & Conference Center - (7 minutes from the airport) Free 24-hr airport shuttle available on request.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Burlington Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - There are 2 ATMs. Locations: one machine is located on first level and the second is on the second level.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Charging Stations - Free power supply charging stations are available in the North Concourse.
- Food & Drinks - There are no 24-hour food or beverage concessions at this airport. There are two restaurants and both open at 4:30AM.
- Green Roof - You can find a rooftop garden atop the parking garage. To get there, take the north Skywalk to the garage and the stairs or elevator to the 6th floor.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - not available
- Mobile Charging - free power stations can be found in the North and South Concourses.
- Relax Zones - The Mezzanine has couches, coffee tables and easy chairs. You'll also find rocking chairs overlooking the runway in the airport's Skyway.
- Showers - Location: second floor.
- Yoga Room - Evolution Yoga. Location: second floor. Stretch out and relax then have a shower in the family bathroom across from the Observation Area.
The airport is open 24 hours.
Keep in mind that TSA, airline check-in and baggage drop hours vary according the flight schedule. Check these hours with your airline. If you are in the public area of the terminal (landside) you will not be able to get through to the secure area of the terminal (airside) until the morning.
Greyhound offers four daily departures to and from Boston and Montreal. Buses pick up and drop off passengers at a designated area near the airport.
Car rental desks are located on the main floor, in the baggage claim area. The following car rental agencies are available onsite: Advantage, Alamo, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise, Hertz, National and Thrifty.
Several area hotels provide airport transportation service as a courtesy to their guests. Here are a few hotels offering airport shuttle service: Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn & Conference Center • Comfort Suites South Burlington • Courtyard Burlington Harbor • Courtyard by Marriott Burlington Williston • DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington • Fairfield Inn Burlington Williston • Hampton Inn Burlington • Hilton Burlington • Holiday Inn Burlington • Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Burlington South • Homewood Suites by Hilton Burlington • La Quinta Inn & Suites South Burlington • Sheraton Burlington Hotel and Conference Center
Taxis and Shared Ride Shuttles
Taxis are readily available in the ground transportation area of the terminal during airport hours of operation. All taxis are metered and reservations are not required.
Last Updated: 02 January 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.