Cedar Rapids Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Cedar Rapids Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
This airport is great for sleeping, there's all sorts of comfy corners.
- Dave L.
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Cedar Rapids Airport.
What to Expect
- Cedar Rapids Airport is small with two concourses (Concourse B and Concourse C) and minimal dining and shopping options.
- The airport provides free WiFi. See WiFi below.
Where to Sleep
- After security checkpoints close for the night, passengers are restricted to landside only. Passengers sleeping airside will be required to go back to landside until security reopens, and will need to clear security again to re-enter.
- Reviews describe cold floors and armrests on all seats in the landside area, but quiet nooks and crannies can be found throughout the airport.
- Have a blanket handy for a warmer, comfier overnight stay!
- For those who plan to stay overnight in the airport, one reviewer recommended registering with the airport police or keeping your flight information handy for the night patrol officers.
Good to Know
- All airside shops and restaurants close by 8:00PM (9:00PM for landside shops and restaurants). However, vending machines are available at all times.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Cedar Rapids Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
There are no pay-per-use lounges.
Free WiFi is available throughout the Cedar Rapids Airport terminal.
If sleeping at the Cedar Rapids Airport does not appeal to you, the nearest hotels with free airport shuttles are:
- Country Inn & Suites - (4 minutes from the airport) Free shuttle service runs to the airport and surrounding area (within 10 mile radius) on request.
- AmericInn Hotel - (4 minutes from the airport) Free airport shuttle service available on request.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Cedar Rapids Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Yes, located in the main terminal waiting area near the restaurant/lounge.
- Baggage Carts - Rate: Not known.
- Business Center - Location: Main Terminal, Baggage Claim. Hours: 8:00AM - 10:00PM (Daily). Rate: $15 per hour.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Food & Drinks - At the time of this update there were no 24-hour food concessions. Many restaurants and vendors open at 4:30AM. Vending machines are located throughout the airport.
- Information Desk - Location: in the center of the terminal.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - not available
- Mobile Charging Stations - There are more than 60 seats in Concourse C that are equipped with AC outlets to recharge laptops and other electronic devices. In the Upper Concourse, the outlets are located underneath the seats.
- Nursing Room - Includes sink/counter and a rocking chair. Location: next to the Women’s restroom in the main lobby of the terminal, obtain key from info desk.
- Shopping - Buy a newspaper, a toothbrush, or that last minute souvenir at Hawks News and Gift shop, located in the library.
- Showers - not available
The airport is open 24 hours.
Keep in mind that TSA, airline check-in and baggage drop hours vary according the flight schedule. Check these hours with your airline. If you are in the public area of the terminal (landside) you will not be able to get through to the secure area of the terminal (airside) until the morning.
Eastern Iowa Airport is served by Bus Route 11. For route map, timetable and fares, visit the Cedar Rapids Transit website.
Onsite car rental agencies include Alamo, Avis, Budget, Enterprise, Hertz and National.
Several area hotels provide airport transportation service as a courtesy to their guests. Here are a few hotels offering airport shuttle service: AmericInn Lodge & Suites Cedar Rapids Airport • Country Inn & Suites by Carlson Cedar Rapids Airport • DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cedar Rapids Convention Complex • Marriott Cedar Rapids • Rodeway Inn • The Hotel at Kirkwood Center
Taxis and Shared Ride Shuttles
Taxis and shared-ride shuttles are readily available in the ground transportation area of the terminal during airport hours of operation. All taxis are metered and reservations are not required.
Last Updated: 02 January 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.