Cleveland Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Cleveland Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
plenty of good sleeping spots. Try the Continental wing for the best facilities.
- a traveller
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Cleveland Hopkins International Airport.
What to Expect
- A mid-sized, user-friendly airport with three concourses (Concourses A, B and C)
- Delays and cancellations are largely due to inclement weather, especially in the winter. Some reviewers were stuck due to oversold flights.
- The airport provides free WiFi. See WiFi information in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- After security checkpoints close for the night, passengers are restricted to landside only. Passengers sleeping airside will be required to go back to landside until security reopens, and will need to clear security again to re-enter.
- Try the leather booths in the food court by Terminal C, airside.
- There may be several unused hallways and gates, airside.
- One reviewer had luck sleeping overnight in a quiet corner by the elevators in the main terminal (landside). Have a sleeping bag or travel mattress handy, because those floors get cold!
- Be prepared to show your ticket, in case security asks!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport that provide free airport shuttles. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can find comfort in one of the lounges that are accessible with a day pass or airline lounge membership. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Cleveland Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Cleveland airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Airspace Lounge - This lounge is available to all passengers regardless of class of service or airline. Location: Main Terminal, Airside, before Concourse B gates. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$ 20).
- United Club - Location: Concourse C, Airside, between Gates C14 and C-6. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$ 59.00) • United Club Membership.
USO Lounge - The USO offers a lounge that is free of charge to members of the US military and their families. Amenities: snacks, internet, books, TV Lounge. Location: Baggage Claim area, Carousel 1. Hours: 8:00AM - 8:00PM (Monday - Friday) • 8:00AM - 6:00PM (Saturday - Sunday).
Free WiFi is available at Cleveland Airport.
If sleeping in Cleveland Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels at and near the airport with free airport shuttles....
- Sheraton Cleveland Airport Hotel - The only hotel located on airport grounds. Free 24-hr airport shuttle service. For airport pick-up, claim bags and go to Door 5 at the baggage claim level.
- Best Western Airport Inn & Suites Cleveland - (5 min from the airport) Free 24-hr airport shuttle service runs every hour on the half hour.
- Holiday Inn Express Cleveland Airport Brook Park - (5 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle available.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Cleveland Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- Art in the Airport - Rotating art exhibitions are on display throughout the airport.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Nine Key Bank ATMs are available throughout the terminal, in these locations: Concourse A (near Gate A-1) • Concourse B (near Retail Core and Gate B-5) • Concourse C (near C-5 and C-14) • Main Terminal, landside, near Concourse C security checkpoint • Ticketing Area (near Airport Information Center) • Baggage Claim (near the Welcome Center) • Rental Car Facility • Passenger Bridge on Level 3 of the Hourly/Daily Parking Garage.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Currency Exchange - Travelex offers currency exchange at these locations: Main Terminal, landside, Baggage Claim, near Door 5 (opposite Carousel 9) Hours: 10:00AM - 6:00PM • Main Terminal, airside, near Gates C-2 and C-3. Hours: 6:00AM - 7:30PM (Sun-Fri) 6:00AM - 5:00PM (Sat).
- Food & Drinks - There are several food options throughout the airport. If you are stuck in the airport overnight, Dunkin Donuts is open 24 hours (Location: Main Terminal, Food Court).
- Information Desk - Location, Main Terminal, near Security Checkpoint B. Hours: 6:00AM - 8:00PM every day.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - not available
- Mobile Charging - Mobile charging and workstations can be found at entrances to Concourses A and B.
- Pet Relief Area - Location: Outside, at the north end of baggage claim near Carousel 1. Access is through the door to the left of the USO Lounge.
- Prayer Area - The Interfaith Center offers peace and quiet for prayer and meditation. Location: Concourse B, airside, just after the security checkpoint. Hours: 5:0AM - 11:00PM.
- Shopping - Books, magazines, gifts, toys, and more are available for purchase from a small variety of retail shops and newsstands located throughout the terminal.
- Showers - not available
- Walking Paths - CLE Health Walk self guided walking routes are located in all three concourses. Look for the signs.
The airport is open 24 hours.
Keep in mind that airline check-in and baggage drop hours vary according the flight schedule. Check these hours with your airline. If you are in the public area of the terminal (landside) you will not be able to get through to the secure area of the terminal (airside) until the morning. The TSA security screening checkpoint hours vary according to location:
- Checkpoint A: 4:30AM - 9:30PM
- Checkpoint B: closed April 5, 2016 for approx. 8 weeks.
- Checkpoint C: 4:30AM - 6:30PM
Onsite car rental agencies are housed within a separate designated facility, connected to the main airport terminal via 24-hr courtesy shuttle service (total trip time is 5 - 7 minutes). Car rental shuttles stop on the lower roadway island, accessible via Door 5 on the baggage claim level. Direct-dial courtesy phones and rental car information is available at a telephone center near Door 1. The following car rental agencies are available: Alamo, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise, Hertz, National and Thrifty.
Several area hotels provide airport transportation service as a courtesy to their guests. Here are a few hotels offering airport shuttle service: Americas Best Value Inn - Cleveland Airport • Best Western Airport Inn & Suites Cleveland • Cleveland Airport Marriott • Comfort Inn Cleveland Airport • Courtyard Cleveland Airport/North • Crowne Plaza Hotel Cleveland Airport • Days Inn Cleveland Airport South • Hampton Inn and Suites Cleveland Airport / Middleburg Heights • Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Airport • Holiday Inn Express Brookpark - Cleveland Airport • La Quinta Inn & Suites Cleveland Airport West • Radisson Hotel Cleveland Airport West • Sheraton Cleveland Airport Hotel • TownePlace Suites Cleveland Airport
Airport Oberlin Shuttle offers scheduled service between the airport and Oberlin College. Oberlin Shuttles stop outside on the Ticketing Level, opposite the Southwest Airlines ticket counters.
Taxis are readily available on a 24-hour basis, picking up passengers outside near the orange wall on the south end of the baggage claim area, near Carousel 11. All taxis are metered and reservations are not required.
Cleveland Hopkins Airport is linked to Tower City Station in downtown Cleveland, via RTA “Red Line” rail service. Departures are every 15 minutes, and total trip time between the airport and downtown Cleveland is about 30 minutes. The airport RTA station is located on the lower level of the main terminal. For route maps, timetables and fares, visit the RTA website.
Last Updated: 09 March 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.