Port Columbus Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Port Columbus Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
I noticed an old ticket counter that was no longer being used, so I went behind the counter and made a bed on the floor in front of the old luggage conveyer belt. - Denmark
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Port Columbus International Airport.
What to Expect
- A small airport with three concourses (Concourses A, B and C) and limited shopping and dining options
- After airport restaurants and shops close for the night, vending machines are the only in-airport snack option. Plan ahead and purchase your food and drinks before the concessions close.
- The airport provides free WiFi. See WiFi information in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- After security checkpoints close for the night, passengers are restricted to landside only. Passengers sleeping airside will be required to go back to landside until security reopens, and will need to clear security again to re-enter.
- Several reviewers describe the airport as chilly and bright. Have a travel blanket and sleep mask handy for a good night’s rest!
- Due to the uncomfortable seating in the airport, most reviewers slept on the floor in locations throughout the airport. Many little quiet nooks can be found, so have a travel mattress handy for some added comfort!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport that provide free airport shuttles. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Port Columbus Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
There are no pay-per-use airport lounges at this airport.
- USO Lounge - The USO offers a lounge that is free of charge to members of the US military and their families. Amenities include snacks, books, games, TV. Location: Ticketing level, near the Concourse C checkpoint. Hours: 11:00AM - 4:00PM (Mon to Fri)
Free WiFi is available at Port Columbus Airport. Connect to the "CMH wireless network"
If sleeping in Columbus Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Columbus Airport - (Less than ½ mile from the airport) This is the closest hotel to the airport. Free airport shuttle available on request. For airport pick-up, call (614) 237-2100 or use the courtesy phone in the airport.
- Hampton Inn Columbus Airport - (2 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle service available.
- Hilton Garden Inn Columbus Airport - (2 min from the airport) Free 24-hr airport shuttle service also goes to surrounding area (within 5 mile radius).
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Columbus Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- Baggage Carts - Available for a $4 fee. You will receive a $0.25 refund upon return.
- Business Center - Location: landside, Ticketing Level, towards Concourse B. Hours: unknown.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Currency Exchange - Available at the Business Center. Location: Landside. Hours: unknown.
- Food & Drinks - Most food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. At the time of this update, there are no 24-hour dining options in the airport terminal, but there is a 24-hour McDonald’s on airport grounds. If budget and time allows, check out the World War I themed 94th Aero Squadron Restaurant, a full-service restaurant on airport grounds with views of the runway.
- Games Room - Coin operated arcade. Location: Concourse C across from B33. Hours: open 24 hours
- Information Desk - Location: in the center of the baggage claim level. Look for airport ambassadors wearing blue vests.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - not available
- Massages - Feel your stress melt away with a foot or chair massage at the Massage Bar. 10, 15 and 30 minute massages available. Location: Gate B23.
- Massage Chairs - Location: landside on the ticketing level and airside in each concourse. Rates: $1 (3 min), $5 (15 min), $10 (30 min)
- Meditation Room - Location: Baggage Claim level (Across from carousel 6)
- Mobile Charging - The airport offers more than 2,000 built in power outlets and USB ports at seats and workstations in the boarding areas. Additionally, several PowerMat charging station are now available.
- Security Checkpoint Mailers - An easy way to ship items home that are not permitted on board. Fill out the form, put your item(s) in a sealable bag and leave them in the drop box, available in all three concourses.
- Showers - not available
- Smoking - designated smoking areas are located outside the terminal on the arrivals and departures levels.
The airport is open 24 hours. The security checkpoint hours are 4:30AM - 6:30PM (Concourse C) / 8:00PM (Concourse B) / 8:30PM (Concourse A).
Keep in mind that TSA, airline check-in and baggage drop hours vary according the flight schedule. Check these hours with your airline. If you are in the public area of the terminal (landside) you will not be able to get through to the secure area of the terminal (airside) until the morning.
The Central Ohio Transit Authority (COTA) bus connects the airport to most areas in the city. For information about fares and schedules visit the COTA website.
Rental cars are available at Port Columbus Airport. Check-in counters are located on the ground floor of the parking garage, and the vehicles are located directly behind them. The following companies have counters at the airport: Alamo • Avis • Budget • Dollar• Enterprise • Hertz • National • Thrifty.
Several area hotels provide airport transportation service as a courtesy to their guests. Here are a few hotels offering airport shuttle service: Best Western Port Columbus • Columbus Airport Marriott • Comfort Suites East Broad at 270 • Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Columbus Airport • Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbus Airport East • Courtyard Columbus Airport • Days Inn Columbus Airport • Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbus Airport • Four Points by Sheraton Columbus Ohio Airport • Hampton Inn Columbus Airport • Hilton Garden Inn Columbus Airport • Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus Airport • SpringHill Suites Columbus Airport Gahanna • Staybridge Suites Columbus Airport • TownePlace Suites Columbus Airport Gahanna
Taxis are available in the ground transportation area of the terminal on a 24-hour basis. All taxis are metered and reservations are not required.
Last Updated: 13 June 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.