La Crosse Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our La Crosse Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
The seats' armrests don't move - until the security people, having seen your predicament, give you an Allen wrench to take the armrests OFF. - Dave L.
by Dave L.
January 2000 - Heaven. What else is there to say? I spent the night several times while flying home to New York from college in the wilds of NE Iowa. The seats' armrests don't move - until the security people, having seen your predicament, give you an Allen wrench to take the armrests OFF. Not to mention that one of them bought me a cup of coffee (at the only restaurant, which closes VERY early) one time, and I woke up covered in a Midwest Express blanket and had my head on a pillow.
Have you been to La Crosse Airport recently? Write a Review!
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
There is a military lounge, but we do not currently have details.
Free WiFi is available at LaCrosse Airport. Connect to the LSE-WiFi network.
If sleeping in La Crosse Airport does not appeal to you, the nearest hotels are:
- Days Inn Hotel & Conference Center La Crosse - (5 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle service available.
- Best Western Riverfront Hotel- (10 min from the airport) Free 24-hr airport shuttle service available.
- Radisson Hotel La Crosse - (15 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle service available.
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near La Crosse Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Information not available
- Car Rentals - Alamo • Avis • Budget • Hertz • National. Location: inside the terminal.
- Currency Exchange - Information not available
- Food & Drinks - There are no 24-hour food concessions at the airport. Vinny's Runway is located on the 2nd floor (landside). Vending machines are available landside and airside.
- Information Desk - Information not available
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - not available
- Showers - not available
According to the airport's web site, the terminal opens 2 hours before the first flight and closes one hour after the last flight.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
Onsite car rental agencies include Avis/Budget, Hertz, Enterprise and National/Alamo.
Several area hotels provide airport transportation service as a courtesy to their guests. You can contact some hotels for airport pick up by using the direct-dial courtesy phones located across from the car rental kiosks. Here are a few hotels offering airport shuttle service: Courtyard by Marriott La Crosse Downtown / Mississippi Riverfront • Days Inn La Crosse Hotel & Conference Center • Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites La Crosse • Quality Inn • Radisson Hotel La Crosse • Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - La Crosse • The Charmant Hotel.
Taxis are available at the ground transportation area of the airport terminal. You can also request a pick up by using the direct-dial courtesy phones located across from the car rental kiosks. All taxis are metered, and reservations are not required.
Last Updated: 08 June 2015
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items quoted in the guide, email me.