Long Beach Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Long Beach Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
The benches were padded and good for sleeping but there wasn't much/any place to put our bags that felt like they were out of the way. - Rustynails
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Long Beach Airport.
What to Expect
- A small, user-friendly single terminal airport with two concourses: North and South concourses
- Many reviewers describe the airport as clean, friendly and a relaxing alternative to LAX
- After airport restaurants and shops close for the night, vending machines are the only in-airport snack option. Plan ahead and buy your food and drinks before the concessions close.
- The airport provides free WiFi. See WiFi information in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- After security checkpoints close for the night, passengers are restricted to landside only. Passengers sleeping airside will be required to go back to landside until security reopens, and will need to clear security again to re-enter.
- Landside has hard metal benches and airside has bucket seats, but there are a couple of armrest-free padded benches around the airport. If you can find one of those padded benches, snag it! Have a travel mattress and blanket handy, in case the floor ends up being your only option.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport that provide free airport shuttles. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Long Beach Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
There are no pay-per-use lounges at the airport.
Free WiFi is available at Long Beach airport throughout the terminal and boarding areas.
If sleeping in Long Beach Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Long Beach Marriott - (3 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle service available on request. For airport pick-up, call 1-562-425-5210 Ext 0 or use the courtesy phone in the airport.
- Courtyard Long Beach Marriott - (5 min from the airport) Free scheduled airport shuttle service available. For airport pick-up, call 1-562-429-5803.
- Holiday Inn Long Beach Airport Hotel & Conference Center - (5 min from the airport) Free shuttle service to the airport and surrounding area (within 3 mile radius).
- Residence Inn Long Beach - (5 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle service (reservation required).
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Long Beach Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Yes (Landside)
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Food & Drinks - From tacos and burgers to seafood and Greek food, a variety of cuisines are available. Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. At the time of this update, we are unable to confirm the availability of 24-hour dining.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - not available
- Shopping - Long Beach News sells a variety of magazines, newspapers, snacks, and small gifts in locations throughout the airport. Hours: 5:30AM - 10:00PM.
- Showers - not available
The airport is open 24 hours.
Long Beach Transit Bus Routes 102, 104 and 111 serve the airport. Bus fare is $1.25. For route maps, schedules and fare information, visit the Long Beach Transit website.
Car rentals are handled in the Airport Ground Transportation Center, located across from the airport terminal. Onsite car rental agencies include Avis, Budget, Enterprise, Hertz and National/Alamo.
Several area hotels provide airport transportation service as a courtesy to their guests. Here are a few hotels offering airport shuttle service: Courtyard Long Beach Airport • Holiday Inn Long Beach Airport Hotel • Hotel Current • Marriott Long Beach • Quality Inn Near Long Beach Airport • Residence Inn by Marriott Long Beach.
Taxis and Shuttles
Taxis and shared ride shuttles are available in the ground transportation area of the airport terminal on a 24-hour basis. All taxis are metered, and reservations are not required.
Last Updated: 27 February 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.