Orlando Sanford Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Orlando Sanford Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
Because of my low budget, I went to the closest Linx bus station and took 3 buses to get close to Walt Disney World, it took me like 2 or 3 hours but hey just for 4 dolars!! - a traveller
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Orlando Sanford International Airport.
What to Expect
- A small international airport with two terminals (Terminals A and B) and a limited variety of shops and restaurants
- The airport provides free WiFi. See WiFi information in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- Although the airport is small and not very busy, the bright lights and the noise from the cleaning machines and background music could keep you awake all night. Have some earplugs or noise-cancelling headphones handy to ensure a good night’s rest!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport that provide free airport shuttles. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to use one of the first class lounges. See our Airport Lounges section for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Orlando Sanford Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Orlando Sanford airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Royal Palm Lounge - Location: Airside, Terminal A, International Departures. Hours: 4 hours prior to the first international flight departure (or 10:00AM at the latest) - the last scheduled flight departure (or 11:00PM at the latest). Lounge Access: Book Online (US$29.00 - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required)
If sleeping in Orlando Sanford Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Best Western Plus Sanford Airport Lake Mary Hotel - (10 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle service available daily from 5:00AM to 10:00PM.
- Budget Inn Sanford - (10 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
To see more options there is a list of hotel near Orlando Sanford Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Free WiFi is available at Orlando Sanford Airport.
- Arcade - Location: Terminal A, Airside
- ATMs / Cash Machines -Terminal B, Domestic, Upper Level gates.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Currency Exchange - Location: Terminal A, Airside.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Yes
- Food & Drinks - At the time of this update, there are no known 24-hour food concessions.
- Games Arcade - Location: Terminal A next to the escalator. Hours unknown.
- Information Desk - Location: Terminal A, Airside
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - No
- Observation Deck - Yes
- Showers - No
The airport is open 24 hours.
Keep in mind that TSA, airline check-in and baggage drop hours vary according the flight schedule. Check these hours with your airline. If you are in the public area of the terminal (landside) you will not be able to get through to the secure area of the terminal (airside) until the morning.
Onsite car rental companies include Advantage, Alamo, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise, Hertz, National and Thrifty.
Several area hotels provide airport transportation service as a courtesy to their guests. Here are a few hotels offering airport shuttle service: Best Western Plus Sanford Airport/Lake Mary Hotel • Comfort Inn & Suites North Orlando / Sanford • Residence Inn Orlando Lake Mary
Taxis are available in the ground transportation area of the airport terminal during airport hours of operation. All taxis are metered, and reservations are not required.
Last Updated: 13 June 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.