Providence Green Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Providence Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
at midnight, the cops came through and rousted the people who didn't have tickets for AM flights. - Ray
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down of what travellers have reported to us during their time at Providence Airport.
What to Expect
- Providence International Airport is a medium size airport with two concourses and 22 gates.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
- Providence Airport has a pet therapy program so you may be greeted by visitors of the four legged variety.
- Hotels are in close proximity of this airport.
Where to Sleep
- The last review submitted for Providence International Airport was 2000; the seats were described as hard with armrests, making it difficult to stretch out except on the floor. If you have visited this airport recently and have updated information about sleeping arrangements please write a review
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are a few hotels near the airport.See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Providence Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
There are no pay-per-use lounges at the airport.
Rhode Island Military Organization (RIMO) Military Lounge - This lounge is for military members and veterans and is run by volunteers. Location: Landside, 2nd Floor near the offices. Amenities: WiFi and Cable TV. Hours: 7:00AM - 10:00PM.
Free WiFi is available at Providence Airport. Connect to the “AWG-WiFi" network.
If sleeping in Providence Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Sheraton Providence Airport Hotel - (2 min from the airport) Free 24-hr shuttle runs to the airport every 20 minutes and drops guest off at their airline’s ticket counter. For airport pick-up, claim luggage and then call 401-738-4000 or use the courtesy phone on the left side of the baggage claim area.
- Hampton Inn & Suites Providence Warwick Airport - (1 min from the airport) Free 24-hr airport shuttle also goes to surrounding area (within 5 mile radius).
- Best Western Airport Inn Warwick - (1 min from the airport) Free 24-hr airport shuttle service available.
- Comfort Inn Airport - (3 min from the airport) Free 24-hr airport shuttle service available.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Providence Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - There is an ATM available in the Ticketing area (landside, Upper Level). Three more ATMs can be found airside, Upper Level, opposite Gate 7, opposite Gate 10 and at Gate 17.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Currency Exchange - Travelex Currency Exchange. Offers currency exchange, travel insurance and prepaid phone and debit cards in a variety of currencies. Hours: 5:00AM - 6:00PM (summer season only). Location: Landside, 2nd floor, near the American Airlines ticketing counter.
- Duty Free Shopping - Yes Location: Airside, South Concourse, Gate 8.
- Food & Drinks - Most food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. At the time of this update, there are no 24-hour dining options.
- Games Room - Location: Airside, near Gate 12.
- Information Desk - Location: ground level, near the baggage claim. Hours: 6:00AM - 10:45PM.
- Library - Take a book or leave a book at the Little Free Library. New and used books and magazines are welcome donations! Location: Lower Level, next to the Starbucks.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - not available
- Massages - Chair Massages. Location: Airside, near the food court
- PVD Pups - Meet Providence Airport’s furry ambassadors! As part of a pet therapy program, trained dogs (and their volunteers) can be found throughout the airport during peak times. Look for the dogs wearing green vests that say “Pet Me”.
- Quiet Room - The Hope Reflection room is a quiet room where people of all faiths can find comfort, reflection and worship. Location: Landside, 2nd Floor
- Showers - not available
The airport is open 24 hours.
Keep in mind that TSA, airline check-in and baggage drop hours vary according the flight schedule. Check these hours with your airline. If you are in the public area of the terminal (landside) you will not be able to get through to the secure area of the terminal (airside) until the morning.
Providence Airport is served by Rhode Island Public Transit Authority (RIPTA) bus routes 1, 8, 14 and 20. Buses 1, 14 and 20 stop at the far end of the commercial road, in front of the airport terminal, and Bus 8 stops at the InterLink transportation hub. For route maps, schedules and fare information, visit the RIPTA website.
Peter Pan Bus Lines offer direct service between the airport and central Providence, South Station (Boston) and Logan Airport (Boston), with connecting service available to the Providence and Boston metropolitan areas. Buses stop at the far end of the commercial road, in front of the airport terminal.
Car rental services are handled in the InterLink transportation hub, connected to the airport terminal by moving walkway. Onsite car rental agencies include Alamo, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise, Hertz, National, Payless, Thrifty and Zipcar.
Several area hotels provide airport transportation service as a courtesy to their guests. Here are a few hotels offering airport shuttle service: Best Western Airport Inn • Comfort Inn Airport • Courtyard Providence Warwick • Crowne Plaza Providence-Warwick Airport • Hampton Inn & Suites Providence-Warwick-Airport • Hilton Garden Inn Providence Airport/Warwick • Holiday Inn Express Warwick/Providence • La Quinta Inn & Suites Warwick Providence Airport • NYLO Providence/Warwick • Residence Inn Providence Warwick • Sheraton Providence Airport Hotel
Taxis and Shuttles
Taxis and shared-ride shuttles are available in the ground transportation area of the airport terminal. All taxis are metered, and reservations are not required.
Providence Airport is connected to downtown Providence, Providence Train Station, south Rhode Island and the Boston metropolitan areas by Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority (MBTA) commuter rail service system. Trains stop at the InterLink transportation hub, located within a short walk from the airport terminal via moving walkway. For system map, schedules and fare information, visit the MBTA website.
Last Updated: 13 June 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.