About This Airport:
Lambert-St. Louis Airport
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our St. Louis Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
Gate C17 - This airport was the best sleeping experience at an airport ever. I should stay at airports like this instead of hotels. - Craig Apple Pie
photo credit: Matthew Hurst / Wikimedia
[ submit a photo ]
"I think I found the spot. Somewhere in between gates C-15 and C-17 (I'm not quite sure which) there is a shoe shine station, and then right around the side of it, by the window, there is like a dark little cave. You have to sprawl out on the floor but it's so perfect for sleeping as long as you have a blanket or something to keep you warm.
It's DARK and quiet and there doesn't appear to be any reason for someone to come by and bother you. Although, there is a door, and I'm not sure where it leads but it looks it just drops right off outside so not sure what it's used for.
Unfortunately for me though it was too early to check in so I had to spend the night in the crappy ticketing area, bright lights and hard cold floors, the usual. After spending an hour or so just sitting in a chair I got up to wander around and found what was probably the only little patch of carpet - right near the entrance/exit. There were some seats and a little corner that was just off to the side of the doors where I wouldn't be in the way of anything. I decided to call it a night there. I quickly discovered that St. Louis has these rather large bugs that come back to life after you kill them, no joke! They were so creepy. The only other thing preventing me from getting some sleep was the airport staff. This one woman came over talking loudly on her phone, and she went outside so that was fine.. except she stood RIGHT in front of the doors the whole time causing them to keep opening and closing. And every time they opened I could hear her chatting away. So annoying.
So yeah, spending the night here could either be pretty good or pretty bad, depending on where you get stuck."
The last review for this airport was in 2009. Have you been there recently? Tell us about it!
- American Admiral's Club Lounge - Location: Airside between Concourses B and C. Access / Rates: Day passes are available for US$ 50
- USO Lounge - The USO offers a lounge to members of the military and their families. Location: Terminal 1, Landside, Main Level. Hours: open 24 hours
WiFi is available at the Lambert-St. Louis airport for a fee. Connect to the Boingo network. Rates: from US$ 7.95 per day.
If sleeping in the St. Louis Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport that offer a free airport shuttle....
- Hilton Garden Inn (Shuttle Hours: 24 hours)
- Renaissance Hotel (Shuttle Hours: on request)
- Hilton Hotel (Shuttle Hours: 24 hours)
- Holiday Inn
- ATMs / Cash Machines - ATMs are located in Terminals 1 and 2.
- Car Rentals - Alamo • Avis • Budget • Enterprise. Location: Main Terminal, lower level, between Doors 12 and 17.
- Chapel - Location: Terminal 1, Lower Level, near exit door 11. Hours: open 24 hours
- Currency Exchange - Information not available
- Food / Dining -
At the time of this update there were no 24-hour food or beverage concessions at the airport.
>>>Landside: Starbucks • Great American Bagel • Pasta House
>>>Airside: Starbucks • Dunkin Donuts • Brioche Doree • Wolfgang Puck • Chili's Too • and more
- Information Desk - Information not available
- Luggage Storage / Lockers - not available
- Security Office - Location is unknown. Do you know? Email me
- Showers - not available
open 24 hours
If you have questions about this airport that are not answered here or in the airport reviews, post a question on our Facebook Page or email me and I will try to help (I can't make any promises though).
Last Updated: 01 July 2012 | Source: Lambert-St. Louis International Airport
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you du ring your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items quoted in the guide, email me.