Lambert-St. Louis Airport
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our St. Louis Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
Gate C17 - This airport was the best sleeping experience at an airport ever. I should stay at airports like this instead of hotels. - Craig Apple Pie
"I think I found the spot. Somewhere in between gates C-15 and C-17 (I'm not quite sure which) there is a shoe shine station, and then right around the side of it, by the window, there is like a dark little cave. You have to sprawl out on the floor but it's so perfect for sleeping as long as you have a blanket or something to keep you warm.
It's DARK and quiet and there doesn't appear to be any reason for someone to come by and bother you. Although, there is a door, and I'm not sure where it leads but it looks it just drops right off outside so not sure what it's used for.
Unfortunately for me though it was too early to check in so I had to spend the night in the crappy ticketing area, bright lights and hard cold floors, the usual. After spending an hour or so just sitting in a chair I got up to wander around and found what was probably the only little patch of carpet - right near the entrance/exit. There were some seats and a little corner that was just off to the side of the doors where I wouldn't be in the way of anything. I decided to call it a night there. I quickly discovered that St. Louis has these rather large bugs that come back to life after you kill them, no joke! They were so creepy. The only other thing preventing me from getting some sleep was the airport staff. This one woman came over talking loudly on her phone, and she went outside so that was fine.. except she stood RIGHT in front of the doors the whole time causing them to keep opening and closing. And every time they opened I could hear her chatting away. So annoying.
So yeah, spending the night here could either be pretty good or pretty bad, depending on where you get stuck."
Have you been to St. Louis Airport recently? Write a Review!
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at St. Louis airport either by purchasing a day pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- American Admiral's Club - Location: Airside between Concourses B and C. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$ 50.00) • Admiral's Club Membership.
- USO Lounge - The USO offers a lounge to members of the military and their families. Location: Terminal 1, Landside, Main Level. Hours: open 24 hours
WiFi is available at Lambert-St. Louis airport for a fee. Connect to the Boingo network. Rates: from US$ 7.95 per day.
If sleeping in St. Louis Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport that offer a free airport shuttle:
- Hilton Garden Inn (Shuttle Hours: 24 hours)
- Renaissance Hotel (Shuttle Hours: on request)
- Hilton Hotel (Shuttle Hours: 24 hours)
- Holiday Inn
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near St. Louis Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - ATMs are located in Terminals 1 and 2.
- Car Rentals - Alamo • Avis • Budget • Enterprise. Location: Main Terminal, lower level, between Doors 12 and 17.
- Chapel - Location: Terminal 1, Lower Level, near exit door 11. Hours: open 24 hours
- Currency Exchange - Information not available
- Food & Drinks -
At the time of this update there were no 24-hour food or beverage concessions at the airport.
»Landside: Starbucks • Great American Bagel • Pasta House
»Airside: Starbucks • Dunkin Donuts • Brioche Doree • Wolfgang Puck • Chili's Too • and more
- Information Desk - Location: Terminal 1, between baggage claim carousels 4 and 5.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - not available
- Showers - not available
open 24 hours
We Need Your Feedback!
The SleepingInAirports community depends on travellers, like you, to share their airport experiences through airport reviews and survey responses. If you had a good or bad experience at St. Louis Airport, tell us about it!
- Complete the 2015 Airport Survey - Your responses to this short (and easy!) questionnaire will help us determine the Best and Worst Airports of 2015.
- Write a Review - Please take a few minutes to write your airport review. Whether you provided a quick tip or a detailed review, you will be helping other travellers in a similar situation. Leave a guest review OR register for an account.
Thank you for helping the Community!
Last Updated: 13 February 2014
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items quoted in the guide, email me.