Lambert-St. Louis Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our St. Louis Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
Gate C17 - This airport was the best sleeping experience at an airport ever. I should stay at airports like this instead of hotels. - Craig Apple Pie
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Lambert-St Louis International Airport.
What to Expect
- A large international airport, consisting of two terminals (Terminals 1 and 2) and three concourses (Concourses A, C and E)
- After airport restaurants and shops close for the night, vending machines are the only in-airport snack option. Plan ahead and purchase your food and drinks before the concessions close.
- The airport provides WiFi for a fee. See WiFi information in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- After security checkpoints close for the night, passengers are restricted to landside only. Passengers sleeping airside will be required to go back to landside until security reopens, and will need to clear security again to re-enter.
- Concourse C is preferred for being darker and somewhat quieter than the other concourses. Check out the area next to the shoeshine station near Gate C16 for a nice little sleep nook!
- Gate A2 has some benches behind a wall, perfect for stretching out!
- The Starbucks in Concourse A has oversized chairs available
- Due to the uncomfortable and limited seating available in the landside areas, you will most likely have to sleep on the floor if you sleep landside. Have a travel mattress and blanket handy for a little comfort against the cold and hard floors!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport that provide free airport shuttles. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can find comfort in one of the lounges that are accessible with a day pass or Admiral's Club membership. See our Airport Lounges section for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our St. Louis Airport Guide. Send us your St. Louis Airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at St. Louis airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- American Airlines Admiral's Club - Location: Airside between Concourses B and C. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$ 50.00) • Admiral's Club Membership.
USO Lounge - The USO offers a lounge to members of the military and their families. Locations: Terminal 1, Landside, lower level, across from baggage carrousel M6 (Hours: open 24 hours) • Terminal 2, lower level, across from Entrance ET11 (Hours: 7:00AM - 6:00PM).
WiFi is available at Lambert-St. Louis airport for a flat-rate fee of $7.95, good for a consecutive 24-hour period. Connect to the “boingo” network. The airport’s official website page can be accessed for free, along with these local tourism websites: Explore St. Louis, St. Louis Gateway Arch, St. Louis Metro (Bus and Rail), St. Louis Regional Commerce and Growth Association and the St. Louis Downtown Partnership (these links are displayed on the main Wi-Fi welcome page)
If sleeping in St. Louis Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Marriott St. Louis Airport- (1 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle service available. For airport pick-up, call 1-314-423-9700 or use the courtesy phone near baggage claim.
- Drury Inn Airport St. Louis - (4 min from the airport) Free 24-hr airport shuttle service available.
- Hilton St. Louis Airport - (3 min from the airport) Free 24-hr shuttle service to the airport and local businesses.
- Quality Inn St. Louis Airport - (6 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle service available.
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near St. Louis Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- Art in the Airport - A variety of permanent and rotating art exhibits are on display throughout the airport.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - ATMs are located in the following areas: Concourse A, airside, Gate A10 • Terminal 1, landside, Mid-Level Stage • Concourse C, airside, Gate C15 • Terminal 2, airside, Gate E20 • Terminal 2, landside, near Entrance Doors 1 and 2.
- Banking - A full-service US Bank branch is available at the airport. Location: Terminal 1, Lower Level, across from Great American Bagel near Concourse C security checkpoint. Hours: 8:00AM - 5:00PM (Mon-Fri).
- Chapel - Collect your thoughts in a peaceful interfaith environment. Scheduled Catholic mass and Protestant services are available on a daily basis. Muslim prayer rugs are available upon request. Location: Terminal 1, Lower Level, near exit door 11. Hours: Open 24 hours.
- Currency Exchange - US Bank has a branch. They may sell some currency.
- Food & Drinks - Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. Great American Bagel (Terminal 1, Mid-Level) is open 24 hours. Vending Machines can be found at Gate A10, A16, E10, E20, E29, ET12, ET 14 and in the Ticketing Zone.
- Information Desk - Location: Terminal 1, Baggage Claim (between carousels 4 and 5). Hours: 7:00AM - 11:00PM. Terminal 2 passengers can reach the Information Booth by using the courtesy phones located at Gate E10 or in the baggage claim area across from Southwest Airlines Baggage Office.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - not available
- Showers - not available
The airport is open 24 hours.
Keep in mind that TSA, airline check-in and baggage drop hours vary according the flight schedule. Check these hours with your airline. If you are in the public area of the terminal (landside) you will not be able to get through to the secure area of the terminal (airside) until the morning.
All bus traffic for the airport is directed through BusPort, a designated facility on airport property on Lambert International Boulevard, just south of Terminal 1. Passengers can travel between BusPort and the airport terminals using the airport’s free inter-terminal shuttle service. MetroBus routes 34 (Earth City), 49 (North Lindbergh) and 66 (Clayton-Airport) serve the airport, picking up and dropping off passengers at the BusPort. A 2-hour unlimited MetroLink and MetroBus pass costs $4, and can be purchased at the airport. For route maps, schedules and fares, visit the Metro Transit St. Louis website.
Car rental desks are located on the lower level of the airport terminal, between doors 12 and 17. Onsite car rental agencies include Alamo, Avis, Budget and Enterprise, Hertz, National and Thrifty.
Several area hotels provide airport transportation service as a courtesy to their guests. Some of these hotels can be contacted by using the direct-dial courtesy phones at the Hotel/Motel Phone Centers located on the lower level of each terminal. Hotel shuttles pick up passengers at Exit Door 18 (Terminal 1, lower level) and Exit Door 12 (Terminal 2, lower level). Here are a few hotels offering airport shuttle service: Airport Plaza Inn & Conference Center • Crowne Plaza St Louis Airport • Drury Inn St. Louis Airport • Embassy Suites by Hilton St. Louis Airport • Hampton Inn St. Louis/Westport • Hampton Inn St. Louis-Airport • Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport • Hilton St. Louis Airport • Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites St Louis Airport • La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis Westport • Marriott St. Louis Airport • Quality Inn Airport St. Louis • Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel • Residence Inn St. Louis Airport/Earth City • SpringHill Suites St. Louis Airport Earth City.
St. Louis-Lambert Airport operates a free shuttle service that runs a circuit between the two terminal, stopping at the BusPort in between terminal stops. Shuttles pick up at Exit Door 12 of either terminal.
MetroLink light rail RED line links the airport to downtown St. Louis. To access MetroLink from Terminal 1, go to Exit Door 1 on the upper level, east of the American Airlines Credit Union. From Terminal 2, access is through any of the levels of the parking garage, located south of the terminal. A 2-hour unlimited MetroLink and MetroBus pass costs $4, and can be purchased at the airport. For route maps, schedules and fares, visit the Metro Transit St. Louis website.
GO BEST Express offers shared-ride, door-to-door airport shuttle service between the airport and airport hotels, downtown St. Louis, Central West End, downtown Clayton, St. Louis University, Washington University and St. Charles (zip codes 63301 and 63303). Departures from the airport are available every 15 - 30 minutes from 6:00AM - 10:00PM, and service to the airport starts as early as 4:00AM. Reservations are required for trips to the airport, and highly recommended, but not required, for trips from the airport. GO BEST Express customer service is available 24 hours a day.
Taxis are available outside of Terminal 1, near Exit Door 14, and Terminal 2, near Exit Door 12. All taxis are metered, and reservations are not required.
Last Updated: 24 June 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.