Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Tegucigalpa Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
I first made it there in 2005 and thought I was in a homeless shelter. I couldn’t believe it. I went there again in 2007 and the place had undergone a sweet remodeling. – robbiesqp
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Toncontín International Airport.
What to Expect
- A tiny, but recently remodeled international airport with clean facilities and a variety of shopping and dining options. Reviewers suggest staying landside until you have to go airside for your flight, as there are more shops and restaurants available there.
- WiFi is is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
- An exorbitant airport exit fee is due for departing passengers.
- The airport has a heavy military presence.
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s first class lounge. See our Airport Lounges section for locations and rates.
Where to Sleep
- Overnight stays are not permitted at this airport.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there is a lounge that you can enter through a lounge membership program (ie. Priority Pass). Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
If sleeping in Teguchigalpa Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Humuya Inn – (10 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
- Aparthotel ROS – (10 minutes from the airport) Airport transfers can be arranged through the hotel ($). » Check Rates
- Tegucigalpa Marriott Hotel – (15 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle, but hotel does provide free shuttle service to Mall Multiplaza daily from 11:00AM to 7:00PM. » Check Rates
- Villa Marina B&B – (13 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
- Clarion Hotel Real Tegucigalpa – (16 minutes from the airport) Scheduled airport shuttle is available ($). » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Tegucigalpa Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
At the time of this update WiFi is available only in Coffee Shops and the VIP Lounge.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
ATMs / Cash Machines – See Banking Services.
Banking Services – There is a bank operating at the airport, there may be an ATM available.
Currency Exchange – Foreign exchange services are available. Location: unknown.
Duty Free & Shopping – Duty Free is available at the airport.
Food & Drinks – The airport offers food concessions. Location: unknown.
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Not available.
Medical Services – There is a First Aid room available.
Rest Zones – Not available.
Showers – Not available.
The airport is open from 06:00 AM until the last flight.
As of February 2018, Tegucigalpa airport is served by the following airlines: American Airlines • United Airlines • Copa • Delta • Avianca • La Costeña • Easy Sky • Aerolíneas Sosa • CM Airlines • Lanhsa.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
Travel like the locals do! If your load is light, you can travel at a fraction of the price of a taxi by taking a “colectivo” (shared-ride minibus).
Taxis are readily available for hire in the ground transportation area of the airport. There are no meters, so negotiate a fare with the driver before starting your journey.
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide, write a review or send an email to [email protected] and we will update this guide.