If you’re dealing with a long layover or an early morning flight departure at Amman airport, you might be wondering if it is possible to sleep in the airport. Our guide to sleeping in Amman airport provides essential information for seasoned airport sleepers and newbies to help travellers arrive prepared for the experience.
We keep this guide up-to-date with the help of airport sleepers who have generously shared their experiences and airport reviews. If you have any tips or photos to contribute, please take a moment to write a review. Your feedback will help us stay informed about the latest advice for future sleepy travellers.
Can I Sleep at Amman Queen Alia Airport Overnight?
If you have an early morning connecting flight to catch, leaving the airport to get a hotel room for a few hours might not be worth your time. According to traveller reviews, getting a restful night’s sleep at Amman Airport might not be very easy, but the terminal is open 24 hours should you decide to stay and make a go of it.
For daytime sleepers, if your flight is cancelled or delayed and you find yourself forced to spend longer than you need, you can certainly make do with what’s available for a few hours.
Where is the Best Place to Sleep at Amman Airport?
According to traveller reviews, airside is the best spot for a night’s rest at Amman Airport. Good news if you are already through security, but not so great if you hope to rest at the airport before an early morning flight. If you are planning to stay overnight, one traveller has reported an area pre-security as the best spot:
- Landside – first floor in the right corner next to the Pharmacy. A quiet spot for a restful night’s sleep with no interruptions.
Other options for airport sleeping Airside include:
- Airside – International Departures Area near Gates 228 and 203
There is one report of a few slightly reclined chairs comfy for sleeping on, and the floor is carpeted, making it a bit more comfortable if you stretch out and nap there. If you choose to nap on the floor, we recommend bringing a sleep mat or a couple of extra layers to add comfort.
Is There Anything Open 24 hours at AMM?
Spending a night in the airport usually comes with interrupted sleep and a serious case of midnight munchies. Luckily, if you are stuck in Amman Airport overnight, you will have a few options for late-night eateries. At the time of this update, Starbucks and McDonald’s are open 24/7. There may be other options, but you can keep track of them on the airport website.
Are There Showers in Amman Airport?
There are showers available in the lounges. There is a fee on top of the lounge entrance fee. You can learn more about the lounges in Amman Airport Guide.
Is there a transit hotel at Amman Queen Alia Airport?
There is no transit hotel or sleep pods at the time of this update. If you don’t fancy a night of sleeping in a chair or on the floor, there are a few nearby hotels that you can stay in.
- Amman Airport Hotel » Check Rates
For more options, visit Tripadvisor to see a list of hotels near Queen Alia Airport, search for deals and read traveller reviews.
Are There Lounges in Amman Queen Alia Airport?
There are a few lounges to choose from in Amman Airport, but none have dedicated sleep rooms or sleep zones. They are not reserved for any specific class of passengers, so you can pay to enter even if you are flying economy class. If you’re willing to pay extra to rest in a comfortable seat, read more about the lounges in our Amman Airport Guide.
Safety & Security
We have not been informed of safety issues at Amman Airport. However, sleeping in any airport can include a certain level of risk, especially when travelling alone. It’s important to take certain precautions to ensure your safety and the security of your valuables. Here are a few tips:
- Safety First. It’s a good idea to know where the security office is located and look for video cameras where you plan to sleep. You can also ask the security personnel for advice on the safest places to spend the night.
- Don’t Seclude Yourself. If you’re travelling alone, we recommend you stay near other travellers or close to security. This will help you feel more secure and deter potential thieves.
- Hide Your Valuables. It’s also important to hide your valuables. Don’t leave them out in plain view, as this could make you a target for theft. Additionally, if you are a deep sleeper, you may want to padlock your bag to something or sleep with your bag up against a wall to make it harder for someone to access zippers and pockets. We have received reports of sleepers who woke up without their phones and laptop bags. The travellers were left with just their headphones and laptop bag strap.
- Stay Alert. It’s best to stay alert and awake if you feel unsafe or uncomfortable. Drink coffee or other caffeinated beverages to help you stay awake, and remember that you can always catch up on sleep during your flight. These simple precautions can help you enjoy a safe night at the airport.
Write a Review
To help us keep this page up-to-date for future airport sleepers, write a review about your experience sleeping in Amman Airport.
Airport Photo Gallery
Thank you to the airport sleepers who have written reviews and shared their airport photos to help future travellers. Click here to add your airport photos.