If you’re dealing with a flight delay or an early morning flight departure at Memmingen Airport, you might be wondering if it is possible to sleep in the airport. Our guide to sleeping in Memmingen airport provides essential information for seasoned airport sleepers and newbies to help travellers arrive prepared for the experience.
We keep this guide up-to-date with the help of airport sleepers who have generously shared their experiences and airport reviews. If you have any tips or photos to contribute, please take a moment to write a review. Your feedback will help us stay informed about the latest advice for future sleepy travellers.
Locations and Seating
Memmingen Airport is not open 24 hours, so spending the night here is impossible. The airport is closed from 11 pm until 5 am, so you should book a nearby hotel if you need a place to stay before an early morning flight.
There are no dedicated rest or sleep zones at Memmingen Airport.
It is not possible to spend the night at Memmingen Airport. Here are some general tips to ensure you have a comfortable rest during the day:
- Temperature: Expect the airport to cool down at night, with air conditioning running and fewer people inside.
- Noise: Even as overnight flights slow down or stop entirely, the airport may still run announcements, and cleaning crews may make the rounds, so anticipate some noise.
- Lighting: The airport may stay bright thanks to around-the-clock lights, but certain corners may be dimly lit.
Arrive prepared! We recommend earplugs or noise-cancelling headphones, an extra layer of warmth, eyeshades, or something else to cover your eyes, such as a shirt or towel. Find out more tips for sleeping in the airport!
There are no shower facilities at Memmingen Airport.
Food & Drink
There are a few dining options located throughout Memmingen Airport. There are no 24-hour dining options. Find out more about services and facilities in our Memmingen Airport Guide.
There are no hotels on airport grounds, but your nearest hotels are:
For more options, visit Tripadvisor to see a list of hotels in Memmingen, search for deals and read traveller reviews.
There are no lounges at Memmingen Airport.
Security & Safety
We have not received any reports of safety concerns at Memmingen Airport. Sleeping in any airport can include a certain level of risk, especially when travelling alone. It’s important to take certain precautions to ensure your safety and the security of your valuables. Here are a few tips:
- Safety First. It’s a good idea to know where the security office is and look for video cameras where you plan to sleep. You can also ask the security personnel for advice on the safest places to spend the night.
- Don’t Seclude Yourself. If you’re travelling alone, we recommend you stay near other travellers or close to security. This will help you feel more secure and deter potential thieves.
- Hide Your Valuables. It’s also important to hide your valuables. Don’t leave them out in plain view, as this could make you a target for theft. Additionally, if you are a deep sleeper, you may want to padlock your bag to something or sleep with your bag up against a wall to make it harder for someone to access zippers and pockets. We have received reports of sleepers who woke up without their phones and laptop bags. The travellers were left with just their headphones and laptop bag strap.
- Stay Alert. It’s best to stay alert and awake if you feel unsafe or uncomfortable. Drink coffee or other caffeinated beverages to help you stay awake, and remember that you can always catch up on sleep during your flight. These simple precautions can help you enjoy a safe night at the airport.
Write a Review
To help us keep this page up-to-date for future airport sleepers, write a review about your experience sleeping in Memmingen Airport.
Airport Photo Gallery
No airport photos have been submitted yet. Click here to add your airport photos.