Abuja Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Abuja Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
Local taxi mafia is efficient and you don't have to start your trip in the usual Nigerian fashion with a monster argument with the driver about the fare. - a traveller
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Abuja Airport.
What to Expect
- Sweltering hot during the summer months. There are a few mobile air conditioners that blow semi-cool air at a few lucky travellers.
- Abuja Airport is crowded and chaotic, particularly in the check-in area.
- According to one reviewer, food options are very limited and include items such as "gizzard and snail".
- Hand sanitizer is a must have item for a visit here.
Where to Sleep
- The airport offers no opportunities to rest comfortably.
- We have no reviews from travellers who actually slept in this airport.
- There are no on-site hotels or private sleep areas. For nearby hotels, see Airport Hotels below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to use one of the first class lounges. See Airport Lounges below for locations and rates.
- Showers are available in the lounges.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Abuja Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- SDS Lounge - Location: International Terminal, Airside, Module C Wing, opposite the International Gate. Showers and sleeper beds are available. International flights only. Hours: open 24 hours.
- Lounge One - Location: Terminal B, Airside, opposite the Boarding Gate, on the right hand side after Security Checks. Domestic flights only. Hours: 6:00AM - 8:00PM.
WiFi is available at Abuja Airport inside the the lounges. [ see Airport Lounges above ] At the time of this update, we did not have any information about WiFi availability elsewhere in the terminal.
If sleeping in Abuja Airport does not appeal to you, it is best to head back into the city center, as there are no hotels near the airport. Here are some Abuja hotel suggestions based on Tripadvisor reviews:
- Western Dreams Hotel - (25 min from the airport) Airport shuttle service is available upon request. One way fee of ₦6000.
- Lake Crescent Hotel - (32 min from the airport) Airport shuttle service available.
- Nordic Residence Abuja - (30 min from the airport) Airport shuttle service available upon request for N6500 each way.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Abuja Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Yes
- Showers - Showers are available in the SDS Lounge. [ see Airport Lounges above ]
As of this update, we were unable to confirm airport hours of operation. We recommend that you read a few reviews before deciding to sleep in the airport overnight. If you know the airport hours, please send an email to email@example.com and we will update this airport guide.
Green-colored official taxis are readily available for hire in the ground transportation area of the airport. There are no meters, so negotiate a fare with the driver before starting your journey.
Last Updated: 09 March 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.