Arusha Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Arusha Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
Don't sleep in the airport. It shuts over night. But they don't tell you that until you turn up the evening before your 7am flight. - a traveller
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Arusha Airport.
What to Expect
- Detailed information is currently unavailable at this time, but one reviewer was stranded after his flight departed two hours earlier than scheduled, so be sure to confirm your flight at least 24 hours in advance!
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have attempted to sleep in this airport. According to a recent review, the airport closes at night. Write a review to help future travelers.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Arusha Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
As of this update we were unable to confirm whether the airport has any first class or business lounges. If you know, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As of this update we were unable to confirm whether internet access is available. If you know, please email us at email@example.com.
If attempting to sleep in Arusha Airport does not appeal to you, it is best to head back into the city center, as there are no hotels near the airport. Here are some hotel suggestions based on Tripadvisor reviews:
- Dik Dik Hotel - (30 min from the airport) Airport transfers can be arranged through the hotel ($).
- Hotel Flamingo - (30 min from the airport) Airport transfers can be arranged through the hotel.
- Raha Leo - (30 min from the airport) Airport transfers can be arranged through the hotel ($).
- Rivertrees Country Inn - (30 min from the airport) Airport transfers available for $50USD, each way. Airport transfers also available to/from Arusha Airport for $75 USD, each way.
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Arusha Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- Food & Drinks - Yes (restaurants, bars and coffee shops)
The airport is open 24 hours.
Some local hotels offer shuttle service to and from the airport. Contact your hotel of choice for availability and details.
Metered taxis are available for hire in the ground transportation area of the airport, during airport hours of operation.
Last Updated: 11 December 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.