Casablanca Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Casablanca Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
Had to ask someone where the children's play area was, he looked at me like I was stupid - and asked "you want to play?" - Si
photo credit: Joris Jan / Wikimedia
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Casablanca Airport.
What to Expect
- Casablanca airport consists of 3 terminals: Terminal 1 (under renovation), Terminal 2 (active) and Terminal 3 (small and rarely used).
- Due to increased security measures, access to the airport is limited to people with travel documents. Security checks are inefficient and are conducted manually, as there are no x-rays.
- Long lines and confusion seems to be a common scene here.
- Smoking areas are open, making it an unpleasant experience for non-smokers.
- A lack of signs can make getting around challenging if you are not already familiar with the terminal. To make matters worse, one traveller reported that the flight boards in the Domestic terminal would display international flight info and not domestic flight info.
- Toilets are in poor condition. Take tissue and hand sanitizer.
- Only round-pin (European) grounded power outlets are available.
- Shops and restaurants are very pricey. All of them are closed by 10:00PM.
- Reviews are mixed on the cleanliness of the restrooms
- Mobile charging stations are not available, but power outlets are (inconveniently) located throughout the terminal. You will have to stand or sit on the floor to use one.
- Airport staff is largely trilingual: English, French, and Arabic are widely spoken here.
- WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- There is a hotel inside Terminal 2. See Airport Hotels below.
- A recent reviewer (Nov 2016) described their stay on the first floor Check-In area as quiet and uneventful, with no disturbance from airport staff or security. The airport is patrolled regularly at night for safety.
- An armrest-free three-seater is located near Gate C16, and there are a few armrest-free two-seaters as well.
- Have a travel mat and blanket handy, as the floor gets very cold, as well as a sleep mask to block out the bright airport lights at night.
- Avoid sleeping in Terminal 1 if you can. The hard seating and excessive air-conditioning make the terminal frigid and uncomfortable, not to mention the noise from the cleaners and that one classical music track that is played on repeat throughout the night. If you must sleep in Terminal 1, have a travel mat and blanket handy for sleeping on the floor, and an excellent set of earplugs to block out noises.
- Terminal 2 has a coffee shop with wooden couches and nearby power outlets. Have a travel blanket or warm clothing to stay warm at night, and a sleep mask and earplugs to block out bright lights and noises.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to use one of the first class lounges. See Airport Lounges below for locations and rates.
- If you are travelling internationally on Royal Air Maroc and you have a connecting international flight with a reservation that is not available within 24 hours, you will be provided with a hotel for the transit period. On arrival at Casablanca Airport, proceed to "Transit and Accommodation" in the Arrivals area.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Casablanca Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- Convives de Marque Arrivals Lounge - Location: Terminal 2, Landside, Level 1.
- Convives de Marque Departures Lounge - Location: Terminal 2, Airside, Level 0.
Free WiFi is available at Casablanca Airport for 30 minutes. Connect to the "WIFI_Aeroport_MedV" network. Another traveller says that WiFi is available with purchase at one of the cafes on the ground floor near the train station.
If sleeping at the Casablanca Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Atlas Sky Airport - (8 minutes from the airport) Free airport shuttle service runs to/from the airport every 15 minutes.
- Relax Airport Hotel - (8 minute drive) A airport shuttle departs every 30 minutes. Hotel also offers free shuttles to local attractions.
A reader has confirmed that there is a hotel inside the transit area of Terminal 2. While we are not sure on the name, Darryl tells us that the hotel offers rooms with a bed, communal bathroom and toilets. The rate (as of April 2015) was 35 Euro for single and 44 Euro for double. In April 2016, a reader described their experience at the hotel as "a huge mistake. The hotel was absolutely filthy! The room had a bed and a television and no bathroom. The toilet facilities for the hotel were the dirtiest I had seen anywhere at this airport." We recommend you inquire to see a room before paying.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Casablanca Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- Banking - Several banks and money wiring services (MoneyGram, Western Union) are available in the airport.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Currency Exchange - Yes, several currency exchange kiosks are available.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty-free shopping is available in the boarding zone and the baggage delivery areas.
- Food & Drinks - Yes
- Information Desks - Yes
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Not available.
- Medical Care - Staffed by a doctor and nurses, emergency medical assistance is available in the airport’s UMU (Urgent Medical Unit). Hours: Open 24 hours.
- Post Office - Two post offices, one each in Terminals 1 and 2. Locations: Landside, Arrivals Hall, Level 0. Hours: 9:00AM - 8:00PM
As of this update, we were unable to confirm airport hours of operation. We recommend that you read a few reviews before deciding to sleep in the airport overnight. If you know the airport hours, please send an email to email@example.com and we will update this airport guide.
Africa Rent • Notice • Budget • Ennasr • Europe Car • Express • First Car • Hertz • Jet Car • National Alamo Car • Nava Tour • Renaissance Car • Sixt • Thrifty Car • Liege Tour • Majestic Limosine • Select Rent • Air Car • Awesome Car • Dollar Car.
Taxis are available 24 hours per day. The Taxi Station is located on the Arrivals Esplanade. Approx. fares to the city center are 250 Dhs.
Last Updated: 09 March 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.