Douala Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Douala Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
The sight of Kenya Airways on the tarmac is a religious moment. Ahhh, they've finally come to get me! - unknown
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Douala International Airport.
What to Expect
- Reviewers overwhelmingly describe the airport as scary, intimidating and unsafe. The airport is said to be filthy, with poorly-lit areas, unfriendly airport staff, homeless people both inside and outside the terminal, and plenty of ways to get in and out of the airport without being checked by security.
- Carefully guard your personal belongings at all times, both inside and outside of the airport. Watch out for luggage “porters” who will try to grab your bags and demand money in exchange for carrying them or returning them.
- There are reports of travelers being extorted for money over perceived baggage weight overages.
- Inconsistent climate in the terminal, with gated areas air-conditioned and the rest of the terminal hot and humid.
- Inefficient Immigration/Customs procedures.
- WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have attempted to sleep in this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s first class lounge. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Douala Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- Club Market VIP Lounge - Location: Landside. Hours: open 24 hours.
- VIP Mont Cameroun Lounge - Location: ground floor. Hours: unknown. Lounge Access: 40,000 FCFA per person.
- Manoka Private Lounge - Location: Pier B. Hours: unknown. Lounge Access: 25,000 FCFA per person.
We do not have information about whether you can pay at the door rate or if arrangements must be made in advance. If you know, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WiFi is available at Douala Airport. There is also an internet and office shop that may be of assistance. Hours and locations are not known.
If sleeping in Douala Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Saffana Hotel - (2 min from the airport) Airport transfers are available ($).
- Afrique Hotel Douala Airport - (5 min from the airport) Airport transfers are available ($).
- Hotel Palace Bano - (10 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle is available upon request.
- Ibis Douala - (10 min from the airport) Free 24-hr airport shuttle is available upon request.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Douala Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Yes (Landside).
- Car Rentals - Yes, but no further information is available.
- Children's Play Areas - not available
- Duty Free & Shopping - The airport offers a newspaper shop, a gift shop selling local souvenirs and a Duty Free shop.
- Food & Drinks - There is one option available, the Doual'air dining room, location and hours are not known.
- Information Desk - not available
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - not available
- Showers - not available
As of this update, we were unable to confirm airport hours of operation. We recommend that you read a few reviews before deciding to sleep in the airport overnight. If you know the airport hours, please send an email to email@example.com and we will update this airport guide.
Information not available.
Last Updated: 20 February 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.