Hurghada Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Hurghada Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
This airport is beautiful inside and out. Very clean and quiet too.
- a guest traveller
photo credit: Magellan / Wikimedia
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down of what travellers have reported to us during their time at Hurghada Airport.
What to Expect
- A beautiful airport terminal, with clean and spotless restrooms. Staff seems to clean the airport constantly.
- According to several reviews we received, bribery and scams are common. One reviewer with proper document was told he had to pay for "non-eu citizen" boarding pass.
- Long lines and no crowd control upon arrival with limited officers working immigration counters.
Where to Sleep
- A recent reviewer (June, 2016) attempted to spend the night in the airport while waiting for friends to arrive on a later flight. This reviewer spent the night undisturbed until his friends showed up. Airport staff told them they could not spend the night and requested a bribe in exchange for being escorted to a local hotel. No one else was observed sleeping in this airport.
- There are no hotels inside or connected to the airport. For nearby hotels, see Airport Hotels below.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
There is a VIP Room, but we do not have details about whether this room can be accessed by Economy passengers for a fee.
Unlimited free WiFi is available at Hurghada airport.
If sleeping in Hurghada Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Hurghada Marriott Beach Resort - (10 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Sindbad Aqua Hotel & Spa - (10 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Sea Garden Hotel - (15 min from the airport) No airport shuttle
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Hurghada Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Yes (24 hours)
- Car Rentals - Hertz and local car companies are located at the airport.
- Children's Play Areas - Yes
- Currency Exchange - Yes
- Food & Drinks - Coffee and Food vending machines can be found in the airport. There are also several cafés, bars and one restaurant.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - They have a "cloakroom" for luggage to be stored.
- Post Office - Yes
- Showers - not available
The airport is open 24 hours.
Hertz offers car rental services onsite, along with several local car rental agencies.
Shared-ride minibuses offer an economical way to travel between the airport and city center. Ensure that the minibus you hop in is going to your destination and confirm the fare before you get in. Pickup and drop-off is on demand only.
Taxis are readily available for hire 24 hours a day at taxi ranks in the ground transportation area of the airport. There are no meters, so negotiate a fare with the driver before starting your journey. A typical ride between the airport and city center takes about 15 minutes, and to / from the coastal tourist area can take around 30 minutes.
Last Updated: 15 January 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.