Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Hurghada Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
This airport is beautiful inside and out. Very clean and quiet too. – a guest traveller
What to Expect
- A beautiful airport terminal, with clean and spotless restrooms. Staff seems to clean the airport constantly.
- According to several reviews we received, bribery and scams are common. One reviewer with proper document was told he had to pay for “non-eu citizen” boarding pass.
- Long lines and no crowd control upon arrival with limited officers working immigration counters.
Where to Sleep
- A recent reviewer (June, 2016) attempted to spend the night in the airport while waiting for friends to arrive on a later flight. This reviewer spent the night undisturbed until his friends showed up. Airport staff told them they could not spend the night and requested a bribe in exchange for being escorted to a local hotel. No one else was observed sleeping in this airport.
- There are no hotels inside or connected to the airport. For nearby hotels, see Airport Hotels below.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
There is a VIP Room, but we do not have details about whether this room can be accessed by Economy passengers for a fee.
If sleeping in Hurghada Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Solymar Ivory Suites – (5 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
- Hurghada Marriott Beach Resort – (10 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
- Sindbad Aqua Hotel & Spa – (10 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Hurghada Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Unlimited free WiFi is available at Hurghada airport.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available 24-hours a day. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans.
Children’s Play Areas – When you want to ensure your kids burn off all their energy before their flight, take them to the children’s play area. Location: Unknown.
Currency Exchange – There are several currency exchange offices available.
Duty Free & Shopping – Duty Free is available as well as shops selling jewelry, perfume, newspapers, etc.
Food & Drinks – Coffee and Food vending machines can be found in the airport. There are also several cafés, bars and one restaurant.
Luggage Storage & Lockers – They have a “cloakroom” for luggage to be stored.
Mobile Charging – At the time of this update, we did not have any information about mobile charging availability. If you know, click here to update this airport guide.
Postal Services – Send your last minute postcards to friends and family from airport’s post office.
Rest Zones – There are no dedicated sleeping areas, quiet areas or rest zones. If this information has changed, click here to update this guide.
Showers – Not available.
The airport is open 24 hours.
As of April 2019, Hurghada airport is served by the following airlines: Air Cairo • Astraeus • Brussels Airlines • Condor • Corendon Airlines • EasyJet • Edelweiss Air • EgyptAir • EgyptAir Express • Fly Egypt • Lufthansa • Nile Air • Pegasus Airlines • Smartwings • SunExpress Deutschland • Transavia • TUIfly • Turkish Airlines.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
Hertz offers car rental services onsite, along with several local car rental agencies.
Shared-ride minibuses offer an economical way to travel between the airport and city center. Ensure that the minibus you hop in is going to your destination and confirm the fare before you get in. Pickup and drop-off is on demand only.
Taxis are readily available for hire 24 hours a day at taxi ranks in the ground transportation area of the airport. There are no meters, so negotiate a fare with the driver before starting your journey. A typical ride between the airport and city center takes about 15 minutes, and to / from the coastal tourist area can take around 30 minutes.
Last updated: 2019-04-03
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide or write a review.