Khartoum Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Khartoum Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
The litter bins are emptied on a strict schedule, so garbage is piling up in a circle around them. Toilets can be found by just following the stench. I recommend you have a look at the toilets first and decide afterwards whether you really need anything to eat or drink. - Wolfram
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Khartoum International Airport.
What to Expect
- A spacious and modern, recently-built international airport, consisting of an International, Domestic, Arrival and Hajj/Omra Terminals. The terminal is reportedly clean and air-conditioned with limited shopping and dining options.
- Have patience and a flexible schedule, as flights tend not to run on schedule.
- Beware of the unofficial “departure fee”
- Chaotic and disorganized airport procedures. There are no queues or lines for anything. It is every man for himself, so watch out for those sharp elbows as you work your way to the front of the crowd!
- “No smoking” signs are largely ignored
- Possible language barrier. Basic knowledge of Arabic is helpful!
- No information boards or overhead announcements for boarding.
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have attempted to sleep in this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Khartoum Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
According to wikipedia, a new terminal is scheduled to open in 2012. I do not have additional details about this, but as soon as I do I will update the guide.
- VIP Lounge - There is a First Class Lounge in the International Terminal, Airside. Additional details are unavailable.
As of this update we were unable to confirm whether internet access is available. If you know, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If sleeping in Khartoum Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Abbasher Palace Hotel - (5 min drive or 15 min walk from the airport) Airport transfers are available.
- Assaha Hotel - (7 min from the airport) Free airport pick-up is available upon request.
- Kanon Hotel - (7 min from the airport) Airport transfers are available upon request.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Khartoum Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- Currency Exchange - An exchange office is available in the International Terminal (Arrivals).
- Duty Free & Shopping - Yes, Duty Free is available in the International Terminal (Arrivals).
- Food & Drinks - There appears to be at least 2 coffee shops at the airport as well as vending machines.
- Medical Services - Services are available in the International Terminal.
- Post Office - Yes
As of this update, we were unable to confirm airport hours of operation. We recommend that you read a few reviews before deciding to sleep in the airport overnight. If you know the airport hours, please send an email to email@example.com and we will update this airport guide.
Information not available.
Last Updated: 20 February 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.