Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Khartoum Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
The litter bins are emptied on a strict schedule, so garbage is piling up in a circle around them. Toilets can be found by just following the stench. I recommend you have a look at the toilets first and decide afterwards whether you really need anything to eat or drink. – Wolfram
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Khartoum International Airport.
What to Expect
- A spacious and modern, recently-built international airport, consisting of an International, Domestic, Arrival and Hajj/Omra Terminals. The terminal is reportedly clean and air-conditioned with limited shopping and dining options.
- Have patience and a flexible schedule, as flights tend not to run on schedule.
- Beware of the unofficial “departure fee”
- Chaotic and disorganized airport procedures. There are no queues or lines for anything. It is every man for himself, so watch out for those sharp elbows as you work your way to the front of the crowd!
- “No smoking” signs are largely ignored
- Possible language barrier. Basic knowledge of Arabic is helpful!
- No information boards or overhead announcements for boarding.
Where to Sleep
- As of May 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have attempted to sleep in this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
VIP Lounge – There is a First Class Lounge in the International Terminal, Airside. Outside Terminal Building.
If sleeping in Khartoum Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Abbasher Palace Hotel – (5 minutes from the airport) Airport transfers are available. » Check Rates
- Assaha Hotel – (7 minutes from the airport) Free airport pick-up is available upon request. » Check Rates
- Kanon Hotel – (7 minutes from the airport) Airport transfers are available upon request. » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Khartoum Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
WiFi is available at Khartoum Airport inside the lounge. At the time of this update, we did not have information about WiFi elsewhere in the terminal. If you know, click here to update this airport guide.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
Currency Exchange – An exchange office is available in the International Terminal (Arrivals).
Duty Free & Shopping – Duty Free is available in the International Terminal (Arrivals).
Food & Drinks – There appears to be at least 2 coffee shops at the airport as well as vending machines.
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Not available.
Medical Services – Services are available in the International Terminal.
Mobile Charging – At the time of this update, we did not have any information about mobile charging availability. If you know, click here to update this airport guide.
Postal Services – Drop off your last minute postcards at the airport’s post office.
Rest Zones – Not available.
Showers – Not available.
As of this update, we were unable to confirm airport hours of operation. We recommend that you read a few reviews before deciding to sleep in the airport overnight. If you know the airport hours, click here to update this airport guide and we will update this airport guide.
As of March 2018, Khartoum airport is served by the following airlines: Saudia • Turkish Airlines • Tunisair • Ethiopian Airlines • EgyptAir • Etihad Airways • Emirates • Qatar Airways • Royal Jordanian.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
Travel like the locals do! If your load is light, you can travel at a fraction of the price of a taxi by taking a shared-ride minibus, which pass along a road just 200m from the airport terminal.
Metered official airport taxis are readily available for hire in the ground transportation area of the airport.
Last updated: 2018-10-23
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide or write a review.