Luanda Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Luanda Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
Staff from police to immigration officials are rude, you are made to feel like a criminal
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Quatro de Fevereiro International Airport.
What to Expect
- Dark, dingy and overcrowded single-terminal international airport with filthy facilities and very limited shopping and dining options
- Baggage searches conducted manually at security checkpoints
- Rude staff and some reports of extortion
- Lack of seating in the waiting area.
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have attempted to sleep in this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s first class lounge. See our Airport Lounges section for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Angola Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- Pall Lounge - Location: International Terminal, Airside, 1st Floor. Hours: first flight departure - last flight departure.
WiFi is available at Luanda Airport inside the lounge. [ see Airport Lounges above ] At the time of this update, we did not have any information about WiFi availability elsewhere in the terminal.
If sleeping in Luanda Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport. Unfortunately, if you are looking for something cheap you are in the wrong city. Here are a few of the hotel options:
- Soleme Guest House - (10 min from the airport) Airport transfers are available for $35 USD each way. Reservation required with 24 hours notice.
- Rouxinol Boutique Hotel - (15 min from the airport) Airport transfers are available upon request.
- Inn Luanda Boutique Hotel - (15 min from the airport) Airport transfers are available upon requst for $50.00 USD each way.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Luanda Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- Banking Service - Yes
- Car Rentals - Not available
- Children's Play Areas - not available
- Currency Exchange - Yes
- Food & Drinks - A restaurant and bar are available.
- Information Desk - Not available
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Not available
- Medical Services - A medical centre is available on-site.
- Post Office - Yes
- Shopping - Duty Free is available
- Showers - Yes, in the TAAG Lounge [ see Airport Lounges above ].
The airport is open 24 hours (unconfirmed).
Terminal Quick Tips
- Don't carry any local currency when you leave, as staff will check your wallet at the gate and steal this from you.
- Travel with your Yellow Fever certificate ready
Information not available.
Last Updated: 07 September 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.