Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Luanda Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
Staff from police to immigration officials are rude, you are made to feel like a criminal
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Quatro de Fevereiro International Airport.
What to Expect
- Dark, dingy and overcrowded single-terminal international airport with filthy facilities and very limited shopping and dining options
- Baggage searches conducted manually at security checkpoints
- Rude staff and some reports of extortion
- Lack of seating in the waiting area.
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s first class lounge. See our Airport Lounges section for locations and rates.
Where to Sleep
- As of May 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have attempted to sleep in this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Don’t carry any local currency when you leave, as staff will check your wallet at the gate and may steal this from you.
- Travel with your Yellow Fever certificate ready.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there are lounges that you can enter by paying at the door, purchasing a lounge pass or through a lounge membership program (ie. Priority Pass). Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
If sleeping in Luanda Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport. Unfortunately, if you are looking for something cheap you are in the wrong city. Here are a few of the hotel options:
- Soleme Guest House – (10 minutes from the airport) Airport transfers are available for $35 USD each way. Reservation required with 24 hours notice. » Check Rates
- Rouxinol Boutique Hotel – (15 minutes from the airport) Airport transfers are available upon request. » Check Rates
- Hotel Alvalade – (6 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Luanda Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
WiFi is available at Luanda Airport inside the lounge. [ see Airport Lounges above ] At the time of this update, we did not have any information about WiFi availability elsewhere in the terminal.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
Banking Service – Yes
Currency Exchange – Currency exchange and Western Union is available at the airport.
Duty Free & Shopping – Duty-free shopping is available.
Food & Drinks – A restaurant and bar are available.
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Not available.
Medical Services – A medical centre is available on-site.
Post Office – Yes
Rest Zones – Not available.
Showers – Not available.
The airport is open 24 hours (unconfirmed).
As of March 2018, Luanda airport is served by the following airlines: Lufthansa • TAP Portugal • Air Canada • KLM • Ethiopian Airlines • Emirates • Air France • Brussels Airlines • British Airways • Royal Air Maroc • South African Airlines • Mozambique Airlines • Iberia • Kenya Airways.
The airport offers both local and private bus service. At the time of this January 2018 update, no further information is available.
Last updated: 2018-10-23
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide, write a review or send an email to [email protected] and we will update this guide.