Marrakech Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Marrakech Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
There were few comfortable sofas inside, where would be very comfortable to sleep, but the staff woke me up to note that airport is closing now and i must leave. - Ainis
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Marrakech Menara Airport.
What to Expect
- A modern international airport with two terminals (T1 and T2) combined to form one larger single-terminal building. A variety of shops and restaurants is available.
- WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- Reviewers who attempted to sleep in the airport described the experience as uncomfortable. All seating has metal armrests and are located in front of automatic doors, which constantly let the cold or heat in. Sleeping in this airport is not common, so you will be stared at, and airport security will ask you to move if you attempt to sleep on the floor. One reviewer was woken up by airport security and told that overnight stays are not permitted.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter one of the airport’s first class lounges. See our Airport Lounges section for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Marrakech Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- Convives de Marque Departure Lounge - Location: Terminal 1, Airside, 1st Floor.
- Convives de Marque Arrivals Lounge - Location: Terminal 1, Airside, Arrivals Area.
WiFi is available at Marrakech Airport for a fee. To connect, you can purchase an access card in the cafes and shops or sign-up directly with a credit card.
If sleeping in Marrakech Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Kenzi Farah Hotel - (7 min from the airport) Airport shuttle service can be arranged by the hotel upon request for 200 dh each way.
- Ryad Mogador Menara Hotel & Spa - (7 min from the airport) Airport transfers are not available.
- Amani Hotel Appart - (7 min from the airport) Airport shuttles service is available upon request, 7,00€ (7:00AM - 7:00PM) and 9,00€ (7:00PM - 7:00AM).
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Marrakech Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Yes
- Car Rentals - Yes
- Currency Exchange - Yes
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty-free shopping is available airside.
- Food & Drinks - Yes
- Medical Services - First Aid and emergency medical care is available 24 hours.
The airport is open 24 hours.
Connection Car • France Car/SIXT • Budget • Select • Air Car • First Lease • National Car • Hertz • Avis • Dbilij • Europe Car • Afrique. Car Rentals counters are located in Terminal 1.
A large taxi area can be found outside the terminal at the airport esplanade.
Last Updated: 07 September 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.