Mombasa Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Mombasa Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
Very Clean. Toilets were pretty smelly, but well maintained.
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Moi International Airport.
What to Expect
- A small, outdated international airport with separate terminals for domestic and international flights.
- Facilities are clean, staff is friendly and the shopping and dining options are limited, but reasonably priced.
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have attempted to sleep in this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter one of the airport’s first class lounges. See our Airport Lounges section for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Mombasa Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Mombasa airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Safari Comfort Lounge - Location: Terminal 1, Airside, 1st Floor. Hours: 2 hours prior to first domestic flight departure (approx. 5:30AM) - last scheduled departure (approx. 9:00PM).
- Safari VIP Lounge - Location: Terminal 1, Airside, 1st Floor. Hours: 2 hours prior to first international flight departure (approx. 5:00AM) - last scheduled flight departure (approx. 9:00PM). Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Book Online (£18 - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required)
As of this update we were unable to confirm whether internet access is available. If you know, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If sleeping in Mombasa Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotel near the airport:
- Jambo Village Hotel - (7 min from the airport) Airport transfers available ($).
- CoastGate Hotel - (15 min from the airport) Airport shuttle is available upon request, cost depends on length of stay.
- Best Western Plus Creekside Hotel - (25 min from the airport) If you prefer Western luxury, this hotel is not too far from the airport. Airport transfer service is available upon request for Kes 1,700 each way.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Mombasa Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Yes
- Baggage Trolley - Free
- Business Center - Yes
- Car Rentals - Yes
- Children's Play Areas - not available
- Currency Exchange - Yes
- Food & Drinks - Yes
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Yes. Location: Landside, near Gate 3 departures. Rates: US$ 5 per item for 24 hrs.
- Prayer Room - Yes
- Showers - not available
As of this update, we were unable to confirm airport hours of operation. We recommend that you read a few reviews before deciding to sleep in the airport overnight. If you know the airport hours, please send an email to email@example.com and we will update this airport guide.
Information not available
Last Updated: 07 September 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.