Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Mombasa Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
Very Clean. Toilets were pretty smelly, but well maintained. – Felix
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Moi International Airport.
What to Expect
- A small, outdated international airport with separate terminals for domestic and international flights.
- Facilities are clean, staff is friendly and the shopping and dining options are limited, but reasonably priced.
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter one of the airport’s first class lounges. See our Airport Lounges section for locations and rates.
Where to Sleep
- As of May 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have attempted to sleep in this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there are lounges that you can enter by paying at the door, purchasing a lounge pass or through a lounge membership program (ie. Priority Pass). Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
If sleeping in Mombasa Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotel near the airport:
- Jambo Village Hotel – (7 minutes from the airport) Airport transfers are available ($). » Check Rates
- CoastGate Hotel – (15 minutes from the airport) Airport shuttle is available upon request, cost depends on length of stay. » Check Rates
- Best Western Plus Creekside Hotel – (25 minutes from the airport) If you prefer Western luxury, this hotel is not too far from the airport. Airport transfer service is available upon request for Kes 1,700 each way. » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Mombasa Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
WiFi is available at Mombasa Airport inside the lounges. At the time of this update, we did not have information about WiFi elsewhere in the terminal. If you know, click here to update this airport guide.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans.
Baggage Trolley – Need a hand with your luggage? Baggage trolleys are available free of charge.
Business Center – Yes
Children’s Play Areas – Not available.
Currency Exchange – Yes
Food & Drinks – Yes
Information Desk – There are desks available for both arriving and departing passengers. Hours: unknown.
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Location: Landside, near Gate 3 departures. Rates: US$ 5 per item for 24 hrs.
Mobile Charging – At the time of this update, we did not have any information about mobile charging availability. If you know, click here to update this airport guide.
Prayer Room – Yes
Rest Zones – Not available.
Showers – Freshen up with a shower before your flight. You can find one in the Pall Lounge [ see Airport Lounges above ].
The airport is open 24 hours.
As of March 2018, Mombasa airport is served by the following airlines: Qatar Airways • Kenya Airways • KLM • British Airways • Lufthansa • South Africa Airways • Rwandair • Swiss • Precision Air • Emirates • Ethiopian Airlines • Jubba Airways • China Southern • Turkish Airlines • EgyptAir.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
Car rental companies offer onsite rentals. At the time of this January 2018 update, no further details are known.
“Matatus” (shared-ride minibus taxis) and “tuk-tuks” (auto-rickshaws) are readily available for hire in the ground transportation area of the airport.
Last updated: 2018-10-23
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide or write a review.