Nouakchott Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Nouakchott Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
From getting the shake-down whilst in a tiny cubicle with an AK-47 toting teenager to grim toilets, any lack of catering to a complete lack of any creature comforts, I think that NKT airport is really 'up' there with some of the world's worst! - a traveller
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Nouakchott Airport.
What to Expect
- There is no air-conditioning, just fans.
- The security process is described as "inefficient" and "a real mess". There is a lack of crowd control, so expect a lot of pushing and shoving.
- Be careful of a few entrepreneurial porters. One helpful reviewer says "A few 'porteurs' do try do get some money from you in exchange of 'paperworks' on your way out, but you really don't need them: all the process can be done alone, and wasn't asked for cadeaux or money from police officers".
Where to Sleep
- It is not possible to sleep inside the terminal at night. You will have to sleep outside the terminal. One reviewer (in 2012) indicates that there were plenty of security outside all night.
- There are no hotels at the airport. For nearby hotels, see Airport Hotel below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Nouakchott Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
As of this update we were unable to confirm whether the airport has any first class or business lounges. If you know, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As of this update we were unable to confirm whether internet access is available. If you know, please email us at email@example.com.
If sleeping in Nouakchott Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Hotel Residence IMAN - (10 minutes from the airport) Free airport shuttle provided on a schedule (times not known).
- Monotel Hotel- (10 minutes from the airport) Free airport shuttle service available upon request.
- Maison d’hotes Jeloua - (10 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle; however, the hotel can arrange a taxi pickup for you, 6000 um each way.
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Nouakchott Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
As of this update we were unable to confirm what services and amenities are available. If you know, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As of this update, we were unable to confirm airport hours of operation. We recommend that you read a few reviews before deciding to sleep in the airport overnight. If you know the airport hours, please send an email to email@example.com and we will update this airport guide.
Information not available.
Last Updated: 27 November 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.