Port Harcourt Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Port Harcourt Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
A British engineer in line ahead of me was meanwhile taking bottle after bottle of liquor our of bag for each airline employee. - unknown
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down of what travellers have reported to us during their time at Port Harcourt Airport.
What to Expect
- A single terminal with separate areas for domestic and international flights.
- Very few facilities here; the terminal architecture itself is depressing with a tent serving as the Arrivals Hall (August 2016).
- The few rest rooms are rarely clean.
- Air conditioning rarely seems to work.
- Reported construction and improvements, announced in 2012-2013, seem extremely slow or that they haven’t even started yet.
- Many travellers report some staff asks for handouts, money, gifts, etc., or will go through your luggage to delay you.
- Some airlines, including Air France, conduct extra flight-side security screens.
- A small eatery is available.
- One traveller reports that luggage is claimed from a stack of bags instead of a conveyor belt. (Aug 2016)
Where to Sleep
- We do not have any reviews from travellers who slept in this airport. Sleeping in this airport is not recommended.
- For uninterrupted sleep, some hotels are also located nearby. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Port Harcourt Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
As of this update we were unable to confirm whether or not a there are any lounges that economy class travellers can pay to enter. If you know, please email us at email@example.com.
As of this update we were unable to confirm whether internet access is available. If you know, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If sleeping in Port Harcourt Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Habitat Hotel and Resort - (15 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Port Harcourt Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
As of this update we were unable to confirm what services and amenities are available. If you know, please email us at email@example.com.
As of this update, we were unable to confirm airport hours of operation. We recommend that you read a few reviews before deciding to sleep in the airport overnight. If you know the airport hours, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will update this airport guide.
Information not available.
Last Updated: 07 September 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.