Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Port Harcourt Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
A British engineer in line ahead of me was meanwhile taking bottle after bottle of liquor our of bag for each airline employee. – unknown
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down of what travellers have reported to us during their time at Port Harcourt Airport.
What to Expect
- A single terminal with separate areas for domestic and international flights.
- Very few facilities here; the terminal architecture itself is depressing with a tent serving as the Arrivals Hall (August 2016).
- The few rest rooms are rarely clean.
- Air conditioning rarely seems to work.
- Reported construction and improvements, announced in 2012-2013, seem extremely slow or that they haven’t even started yet.
- Many travellers report some staff asks for handouts, money, gifts, etc., or will go through your luggage to delay you.
- Some airlines, including Air France, conduct extra flight-side security screens.
- A small eatery is available.
- One traveller reports that luggage is claimed from a stack of bags instead of a conveyor belt. (Aug 2016)
Where to Sleep
- We do not have any reviews from travellers who slept in this airport. Sleeping in this airport is not recommended.
- For uninterrupted sleep, some hotels are also located nearby. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
As of this update we were unable to confirm whether or not a there are any lounges that economy class travellers can pay to enter. If you know, please write a review or email us at [email protected]
If sleeping in Port Harcourt Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Habitat Hotel and Resort – (15 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Port Harcourt Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
As of this update we were unable to confirm whether internet access is available. If you know, click here to update this airport guide.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Not available.
Mobile Charging – At the time of this update, we did not have any information about mobile charging availability. If you know, click here to update this airport guide.
Rest Zones – Not available.
Showers – Not available.
As of this update, we were unable to confirm airport hours of operation. We recommend that you read a few reviews before deciding to sleep in the airport overnight. If you know the airport hours, click here to update this airport guide and we will update this airport guide.
As of March 2018, Port Harcourt airport is served by the following airlines: Emirates • Lufthansa • Turkish Airlines • Air France.
Information currently unavailable.
Last updated: 2018-10-23
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide or write a review.