Port Louis Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Port Louis Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
It's a really nice airport...Though we didn't had to sleep there, it has spacious spaces to rest.
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Sir Seewoosagur Ramgoolam International Airport.
What to Expect
- A spacious, modern and eco-friendly international airport with two passenger terminals. A small variety of pricey shopping and dining options are available, as well as a spa!
- Free WiFi and internet kiosks are available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have attempted to sleep in this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter one of the airport’s first class lounges. See our Airport Lounges section for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Port Louis / Mauritius Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Port Louis airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Amédée Maingard Lounge - Location: Airside. Showers are available. Hours: 6:00AM - 10:30PM (Daily). Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (MUR 2000) • Book Online (£25 - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required)
- Salon Nénuphar - Location: New Terminal Building, Airside, opposite Boarding Gate 19. Showers are available. Hours: 5:00AM - 11:30PM (Daily). Lounge Access: Book Online (£22 - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required)
Free WiFi is available at Port Louis Airport. Additionally, there are free Internet workstations at the airport.
If sleeping in Port Louis Airport does not appeal to you, there are no hotels at the airport to seek refuge. The nearest hotels are:
- Holiday Inn Mauritius Airport - Located just 700m from the front of the airport. Free roundtrip airport shuttle service available upon request. Day rates are available.
- Le Jardin Beau Vallon - (5 min from the airport) No airport shuttle hwoever they will arrange a taxi for you upon receipt of your flight details, for approx Rs 400 each way.
- Shandrani Resort & Spa - (5 min from the airport) No airport shuttle. Day passes available for those who just want to hang out at the resort for the day.
- Chantauvent Mauritius Guesthouse - (10 min from the airport) Airport transfers available for Rs 500 per car (max of 4 passengers), or Rs 650 if after 11:00PM. If arriving late, airport pick-up must be arranged ahead of time, since hotel reception will be closed.
- 3Ds International Tourist Home - (10 min from the airport) Airport tranfer service is available upon request, 12,50€ each way.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Sir Seewoosagur Ramgoolam Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Yes, outside the Arrivals Hall exit (landside).
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Chapel/Prayer Room - Airside Level 1, Hall A near Shops.
- Children's Play Areas - Location: Airside Level 1. Near Gates 22 and 23.
- Currency Exchange - Yes, in the Departures Check-in area and Arrivals Hall exit.
- Food & Drinks - Yes
- Information Desk - Yes
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - No
- Medical Services - A first aid office can be found near Gate 9.
- Post Office - Location: Landside, near Gate 3.
- Shopping & Duty Free - Yes
- Showers - Available in the Salon Nénuphar Lounge [ see Airport Lounges above ]
The airport is open 24 hours.
ABC Car Rental • ADA • Budget • Europcar • First Car rental • Hertz • One World Travel (Pole Star) • Sixt • White Horizon (Avis). The car rental counters are located outside the Tour Operators Hall.
There is an Information Desk in the Tour Operators Hall on the ground floor where you can find information about public transportation.
Taxis can be arranged at a special counter in the Tour Operators Hall.
Last Updated: 07 September 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.